DevOps Engineer, DevelopmentTeam Overview
broadbandbandchoices.co.uk has a fun and fast paced and challenging start-up culture. We follow a LEAN methodology, embrace ‘no-estimates’ and enjoy productive output in our highly skilled flat structured team of Senior Developers. We embrace new technology and best practices and systemically remove technical debt. We are proud of our Codebase and Products and passionately believe in our technology as the key to company growth. We apply cutting edge KPI driven development practices while still rigidly upholding the principles of the Agile Manifesto and Test Driven Development practices. We believe that our great team is at the centre of our continued success.
They keyword bit… Useful skills
• Automation and Continuous Delivery (preferably with TeamCity).
• PowerShell scripting ninja – experience with Psake and similar PowerShell modules.
• Cloud architectural patterns for elastic scaling and messaging. The terms infrastructure as code or immutable servers are not alien to you.
• DevOps experience in AWS or MS Azure.
• Experience with TDD in any modern development language.
• Experience with High Availability environments.
• Experience with semantic application monitoring preferably New Relic, CloudWatch and similar.
• Superb written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Personable and diplomatic.
• Professional and organised.
• Desirable - Experienced in Infrastructure design for a high traffic commercial or e-commerce website.
• Desirable – experience with Blue / Green deployments.
• Desirable - Software development experience using primarily the Microsoft stack.
• Desirable – has heard of Jez Humble and read the Continuous Delivery book.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with an indication of your current salary or salary expectations.
You must have the right to work in the EU/UK as the company is not able to sponsor visas.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.