Data Analysis Manager, FinanceReporting into the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing our Business Intelligence platform, the integrity of our data and also enhancing the company’s overall data analytics capabilities – covering our UK, Germany and Spain operations. You will work closely with Marketing (Advertising, Content Marketing, PR and Insight), Commercial (Provider and Partner), Proposition (website) and IT specialists in setting strategic direction, and guiding on tactical responses to changing market dynamics. The ideal candidate will be an analytical problem-solver who can translate analysis into insight and action.
You will be a talented analyst with relevant experience in a similar position. You will be able to analyse traffic to and through the site with a demonstrable track record in providing actionable insight that adds business value. You will need to be able to use our Business Intelligence platform (Birst) as well as being able to “mash” large sets of data together to provide valuable information. You will be the point of contact for the business with regards to the data platform and provide hands on support to other business users. Ideally you will also have econometrics experience.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Data collation and handling:
• Govern the integrity of our data by (for example) reference to third party systems such as Google Analytics.
• Proactively seek to investigate and correct data when anomalies are found.
• Manage our Business Intelligence platform (Birst) ensuring that the data held within agrees to source systems. Setup new data feeds from additional systems as appropriate.
• Organise and maintain large and complex data sets.
• Create a full site customer flow analysis and audit our tracking to facilitate this analysis.
• Develop easily populated automated dashboards that allow colleagues to pull information without onerous data manipulation.
• Comfortable with running third party applications such as Google Analytics.
• Create a clear view of how consumers, and our customers, behave through the purchase journey, and interact with us at different touchpoints.
• Monitor developments on-site and off-site and make recommendations for changes in operations across the teams.
• Analyse performance of different traffic lines and advise on optimisation for future development.
• Proactively seek to identify commercial trends, changing consumer behaviours, impacts on the purchase funnel, and recommend actions to accommodate and exploit them.
• Provide actionable insights from commercial analysis and data-modelling to help teams around the company deliver improved results.
• Help to determine on-going multi-variant testing to improve the commercial performance of our sites.
• Provide regular monthly MI and ad hoc commentary as appropriate.
• Build solid stakeholder relationships with a range of colleagues across the business, including Marketing, Commercial and IT.
• Support teams around the business in pulling together proposals for new activity plans.
• Provide market insights and act as a trusted advisor, sharing knowledge and best practice across the teams.
• Act as the business lead for development of an econometrics model by a 3rd Party Agency
Key experience, skills and requirements:
• Degree-educated with 5+ years’ experience of commercial data analysis and performance / effectiveness management.
• Experience in the latest BI tools such as Power Pivot, Power query, advanced Excel and VBA.
• SPSS (or other statistical package) experience.
• Previous experience within the online/e-commerce sector.
• Ideally, have experience with econometrics.
• Previous experience with our 3rd Party data aggregator (DC Storm) is desirable.
• Be able to provide insights for marketing effectiveness.
• Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills (both written and verbal) – able to shape complex data sets into clear information to enable colleagues across the business to take appropriate action.
• Autonomous – be able to set own direction and define future requirements for the development of data analytics.
• Adept at working alongside specialist colleagues across a wide range of departments.
• Track record of meeting challenging commercial targets.
• Personable and diplomatic, but willing to promote and defend own views with others.
• An analytical problem-solver who can translate analysis into insight and action.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication of your current salary or salary expectations.
You must have the right to work in the EU/UK as the company is not able to sponsor visas.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.