DevOps Engineer, DevelopmentAs a broadbandchoices.co.uk DevOps Engineer you want to create a system so resilient and scalable that you could release Chaos Monkey on a Friday night at 11pm from your mobile at a pub and still sleep soundly; you believe in continuous integration, infrastructure as code and most likely moved into DevOps from a development background.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to:
1. Bring best practice, passion, drive and fresh ideas into the highly talented team.
2. Establish a position as a trusted technical authority providing advice and guidance.
3. Improve the existing build and monitoring platform to identify potential issues as early as possible
4. Ensure the whole team improves by implementing new processes and engineering practices. Conducting research on emerging technologies to support changes in technology choices.
5. Work with other developers to create a highly available, horizontally scalable cloud infrastructure
6. Be flexible and available out of hours where required to handle any mission critical issues/deployments.
• Automation and Continuous Delivery (preferably with TeamCity)
• PowerShell scripting ninja – experience with Psake and similar PowerShell modules
• Cloud architectural patterns for elastic scaling and messaging. The terms infrastructure as code or immutable servers are not alien to you.
• Understanding of the various cloud services e.g. instances, distributed caching, notification, queues, federated identity, etc.
• 3 Years+ proven DevOps experience in AWS or MS Azure
• Experience with TDD in any modern development language
• Experience with NoSQL (Not only SQL) and HA setups of these databases, preferably document store
• Experience with HA environments
• Experience with semantic application monitoring preferably New Relic, CloudWatch, Google Analytics and similar.
• Experience working in a Scrum / Kanban Team
• Experienced in Infrastructure design for a high traffic commercial or ecommerce website
• Superb written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Personable and diplomatic
• Professional and organised
• Desirable – experience with Blue / Green deployments
• Desirable - Software development experience using primarily the Microsoft stack.
• Desirable – has heard of Jez Humble and read the Continuous Delivery book
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication of your current salary or salary expectations.
You must have the right to work in the EU/UK as the company is not able to sponsor visas.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.