UX Designer and Product ExecutiveYou will report to the Senior Project Manager and the ultimate goal for the collective team is to maximize product KPIs to drive bottom line growth and while working with the COO in scoping and delivering innovative new products. The key performance requirements include:
• Monetisation – continuous improvement of customer monetisation metrics, by delivering an optimisation and enhancement programme to enhance customer satisfaction with rapid product iterations
• Innovation / New Products - deploy new products verticals under the direction of other departments. Actively seek out opportunities and build on existing product in all verticals to continually drive growth of core KPIs
• Return on investment – ensure that there is a clear and timely return on investment for all optimisation and new product development initiatives; minimising risk using lean methodologies (data driven decision making, minimal viable product)
• Productivity – continuous focus on improvement to development processes, implementing cutting edge working practices and technology so that we have an advantage over our competitors in terms of speed to market and cost base
• Engaged and outcome driven - Build cross functional teams working on goal driven feature developments to solve customer and business problems, where there is an emotional ownership and demonstrable commitment to deliver value
The UX Designer and Product Executive’s contribution to the above will take form in the following responsibilities:
• Produce high quality visual designs that enhance the customer experience and drives growth for the business.
• Help set the objectives to improve the performance of key KPI’s. Accountable for the achievement of these objectives.
• Push creativity, challenge established thinking, discover new ways of approaching and solving a problem.
• Work collaboratively and pro-actively with the Head of Product, Development Team and wider business.
• Participate as a team member in a cross-functional Agile/LEAN development team.
The candidate (key competencies):
• Design - Utilise best practice Design and UX techniques to create product enhancements. Leverage tools such as Crazy Egg and Qualaroo to drive objective evidence based decisions for the good of the product. Ensure a consistent look and feel for the DTL Product Suite.
• Executing for Results – You should have a deep desire for success and high standards; always keeping your eye on the results and staying close to tactics. You lead by example and you have a strong sense of urgency. You are able to direct your colleagues and team to set priorities and effectively execute. You also have the ability to act quickly to seize opportunities and drive issues to closure; spots and capitalizes on trends. You are decisive and possesses a "big picture" perspective, but willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Building Relationships/ Sales Management – You can build and maintain productive working relationships, collaborating with internal/external stakeholders and partners to achieve exceptional business outcomes; you are highly skilled in influencing and negotiating at executive levels; you have the ability to sell ideas and concepts to various constituencies, internal and external to the organization to effect change. You also have strong sales management skills and proven track record in building high performing sales/key account teams.
• Communication and Influencing – You are a strong team player, a concise, articulate, succinct written and oral communicator. You have the ability to persuade others with fact based judgments and makes arguments in a compelling and logical manner. You are a good listener with the ability to welcome alternative points of views and debate. You are approachable to the team and colleagues and you’re able to communicate key messages appropriately.
• Product, architecture, strategy & planning – Demonstrate progress and engage marketing and commercial stakeholders through regular show-and-tells, forums and broadcast.
• Delivery & release management – Develop a culture of successful & celebrated releases.
Essential Key Experience/Skills:
• A good understanding of User Experience, accessibility and user centred design principles and processes.
• Creative, imaginative and passionate for getting the job done correctly with an obsessive eye for detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Understanding of modern web design principles and how to design for desktop, tablet and mobile concurrently.
• An eagerness to learn, share and develop your skills and experience.
• Mac and PC literate with excellent knowledge of Adobe products, primarily Photoshop.
• Be able to persuade and influence people through qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Capable of having technical conversations with developers over implementation of features
• Capable of articulating performance and ideas to wider business units
• Scrum or Kanban experience
• Ability to have an opinion without appearing dogmatic. Demonstrates a flexible approach when searching for a solution.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with an indication of your current salary or salary expectations.
You must have the right to work in the EU/UK as the company is not able to sponsor visas.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.