Find out everything you need to know about YouView from TalkTalk, including how to get Sky Sports and Sky movies content.
What is TalkTalk TV?
When you sign up for TV with TalkTalk, you'll get a YouView set-top box.
YouView is an internet-connected digital TV service that lets you watch, pause, rewind and record Freeview channels, as well as view a range of on-demand and catch-up services, such as 4oD and BBC iPlayer.
Live TV is delivered through your aerial, just as it is with a typical Freeview box. Other services, such as catch-up TV, use your broadband connection. One of the best features of YouView is how it accesses those services.
Rather than manually selecting a catch-up service, then choosing what to watch, you can simply scroll back to the programme you want to watch in the TV guide, and launch it from there. It's a much more convenient way of finding what you want to watch.
In addition, TalkTalk offers a range of extra paid channels and services, which it calls 'Boosts'. For example, you can pay extra for five Sky Sports channels. TalkTalk is the only way to get these channels through YouView.
TalkTalk Boosts cost an additional fee each month, but add new channels to your TV packages, including Sky channels.
Multiple Boosts are available. These include:
- TV Starter Boost: Gives you seven Sky channels, namely Sky1, Sky2, Sky Arts 1 and 2, Sky Living, Sky Livingit and Sky News.
- Entertainment Boost: Gives you more than 30 new channels, from entertainment channels like Sky1, Comedy Central, FOX and MTV to factual channels like Sky Arts, Discovery Channel and Animal Planet.
- Entertainment Extra Boost: Adds more than 60 channels, giving you everything in the Entertainment Boost, as well as a range of children's channels, such as Disney Channel and Nick Jr, and music channels, including MTV Live, Heat TV and Kerrang.
- Star TV Boost: This option gives you access to Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Jaisha and Star Life OK, which broadcast Asian TV shows and Bollywood movies.
- Kids Boost: Gives you 14 children's TV channels, including Disney Channel, Nick Jr, Cartoon Network and Boomerang, as well as access to on-demand content from these services.
- Music Boost: Gives you access to a wide selection of music channels and extra on-demand content, including MTV Live, The Box, Magic, Smash Hits and Kerrang!.
- Sky Movies: Film fans choosing this option gain access to all 11 Sky Movies channels, which show everything from major Hollywood blockbusters like Avengers Assemble, to classic flicks
- Sky Sports: Gives you Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and 4, as well as Sky Sports F1. Sky has broadcast rights to many of the major sports in the UK, including Barclays Premier League football.
- LOVEFiLM Box Office: Exclusive to TalkTalk, and available to all TV customers, this lets you rent and download movies on a pay-per-view basis.
For a full list of channels and services available on each Boost and prices, check out TalkTalk's website.
How do I get TalkTalk TV?
To get YouView from TalkTalk, you need to subscribe to a TalkTalk Plus TV broadband and phone package. We recommend using our postcode checker to compare prices in your area, and identify any special offers that could save you money.
When you sign up, you can choose to install YouView yourself - a simple process - and TalkTalk will send you the set-top box. However, if you're not comfortable setting up YouView yourself, you can choose to have a TalkTalk engineer do it for you for a fee.
How else can I get YouView?
You can also buy the set-top box standalone from most major retailers, including Argos, John Lewis and Amazon.com.