Our review of Virgin Media is based on results from our Customer Satisfaction Survey. The stars represent average ratings from Virgin Media customers - so you know it's information you can trust...
How good is Virgin Media broadband?
Virgin Media Broadband packages
As the UK's largest cable broadband provider Virgin Media (www.VirginMedia.com) consistently comes out top in Ofcom speed tests, delivering broadband speeds at least 85-100% of those advertised. It offers a range of package speeds from up to 10Mb to 100Mb.
So, it's no surprise that Virgin Media was highly commended in the Speed category of the Broadbandchoices.co.uk Customer satisfaction awards, and it also got good reviews for Quality and Reliability, and Speed of Activation, and was highly commended in the Overall Winners category.
Virgin Media is also the only UK provider to offer 'quad play', with customers able to create a unique bundle of broadband, TV, phone and mobile phone products.
To compare Virgin against ISPs in your area, run a postcode search with our Ofcom-accredited price comparison calculator.
Visit www.VirginMedia.com to build your own broadband bundle, or compare deals with our table. Our prices and package details are checked daily across a broad range of providers.
Customer comments about Virgin Media
- Customer service very good, do all they can to help when you have a problem.
- My speed was doubled from 30mb to 60mb, and the speed has never dropped below 60mb at any time of the day, no dropouts or speed reduction over a 24hr period.
- Very fast and reliable.
- At least twice a week, I have to reboot the router. Internet Freezes!!
- Prices increase each year by too much.
- It is getting a bit expensive compared to other suppliers.
Compare broadband in your area
Why do we need your postcode?