Fuel Business Broadband and phone
You may know Fuel Broadband (www.fuelbroadband.co.uk) as the provider that specialises in simple, affordable broadband packages - or you may just know it by its former name, Primus Saver. It focuses on great value ADSL connections for homes, but businesses can also get super speedy fibre optic broadband and phone deals. Here’s a quick lowdown on its straightforward plans.
What can I get from Fuel Business?
Fuel’s business packages are fairly similar to its home ones. There are three basic choices:
- Business Phone and Broadband - Up to 16Mb download speeds with unlimited downloads. Phone is pay-as-you-go on some pretty competitively-priced tariffs, though you can upgrade to include daytime UK landline calls. It’s perfect for small businesses, especially ones in residential areas like home businesses and shops.
- Business Fibre Broadband - Choose between download speeds of up to 38Mb or up to 76Mb - both of which have unlimited downloads. This package also includes line rental, either with 500 UK minutes per month, or unlimited UK landline calls.
- Business Phone - Either on standard pay-as-you-go calls, or upgraded to include daytime UK landline calls. Line rental is very reasonable compared with a lot of other providers, so this is a great choice for a business where a phone is necessary but internet isn’t.
All Fuel’s business packages are on 24-month contracts.
You can upgrade your phone plan to include call features, such as anonymous caller reject, caller display, three-way calling, and ring back.
What’s good about Fuel Business?
- Very affordable, especially for business-grade broadband, with some of lowest line rental around
- Unlimited downloads on all broadband packages, so you don’t have to worry about hitting a usage cap and stopping work
- Straightforward packages that are easy to understand
- Fibre optic broadband available with superfast download speeds of up to 76Mb
- Great for small businesses that need the value and security of business connection, but don’t need a huge amount of bandwidth
- Strong UK-based customer service
What’s bad about Fuel Business?
- Only available on 24 month contracts
- Adding calling features can get expensive, and there’s no option to bundle a few of them together
- Very few options for large businesses, or offices that needs lots of employees online at once - Fuel doesn’t offer leased lines like BT or Ethernet connections like TalkTalk
- No options for business features such as hosting services, data storage programmes, lots of phone lines, static IPs, or symmetrical upload and download speeds
- No broadband-only packages - line rental from Fuel must be included too