The People’s Operator is all about giving back. Not only does it offer you great value SIM-only plans, it also gives a significant chunk of what it earns to charitable causes across the country.
It uses EE's network, which means brilliant nationwide coverage as well as 4G and 3G mobile internet. And 10% of what you pay - along with 25% of its overall profits - goes to a cause you want to support. Even Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales is on board as executive chairman of the company.
The People's Operator tariffs
The People's Operator offers two kinds of plan: SIM-only monthly contracts, and pay-as-you-go. It doesn't deal in handsets, so you can either use one you already own or purchase whatever phone you want from elsewhere.
Pay-monthly SIMs range in price from £3.99 to £19.99 per month, and they're rolling 30-day contracts so you don't need to sign up to anything long term. You can get multiple deals with 3G and 4G and, if you want web connectivity for your tablet, there are data-only SIMs as well.
Its pay-as-you-go rates are very competitive, with some of the best value pay-as-you-browse data tariffs around. And if you think you're going to have a mobile-heavy month, you can buy a 30-day bundle of minutes, texts, and data. These range from £7.50 to £20.
The People's Operator coverage
Because it piggybacks on EE, The People's Operator has great coverage, reaching 99% of the population, including 3G. EE is also the UK's widest-reaching 4G network - so 4G coverage is pretty good around the UK.
That said, remember that coverage is still iffy in some areas - so always use a coverage checker to be sure you can connect to the network where you need to. Read our guide for more about mobile coverage.
What's good about The People's Operator?
- Tariff prices are competitive and affordable
- Excellent coverage, because it uses EE's network
- 30-day bundles on pay-as-you-go plans give you better value for money
- Pay-monthly SIMs operate on a 30-day basis too, so you don't have to commit to anything long term
- Fantastic value 4G SIM-only plans that give you up to 8GB data at a low price
- Data-only SIMs available for your tablet
- 10% of what you pay each month goes straight to charity
- No credit check needed
What's bad about The People's Operator?
- No unlimited data plans available
- No handset plans - you'll need to either use a phone you already own, or buy one outright from somewhere else
- Because its focus is on giving to good causes, it doesn't really offer any perks, such as priority tickets, to its customers