If you don't need a large or unlimited data allowance, The People's Operator (TPO) offers a good selection of 30-day rolling, SIM-only plans. You can also support a good cause of your choice at no extra cost, as 10% of your monthly mobile spend goes to your designated UK cause or charity.
The People’s Operator is powered by the Three network, which covers more than 97% of the UK population, so you’re assured of good network coverage, speed and reliability.
What SIM-only deals can I get from The People's Operator?
Monthly allowances range from 1GB of data with 500 minutes and unlimited texts, up to 8GB of data with 3000 minutes and unlimited texts, and there are plenty of SIM-only plans to choose from.
SIMs are available on one-month deals and if your data runs out, you always have the option to add data add-ons.
Perks and benefits
All pay-monthly SIMs from The People’s Operator get you these benefits:
- Support a good cause of your choice - on SIM-only deals, 10% of your mobile spend goes to a UK cause or charity of your choice
- UK-based customer service - TPO's in-house help team is based in the UK, and offers good quality support in the case of problems
- Flexible rolling 30-day plans - you can cancel or upgrade your plan at any time; this will take effect when your current plan expires
How to compare The People’s Operator SIM-only deals
Comparing SIM deals from The People’s Operator is easy - just use the table at the top of this page. You can see all the deals together, compare what you can get, and filter them down so you only see the ones that suit what you need.
Think about things like:
- Allowance - how much data and how many minutes and texts do you need per month? If you're not sure, take a look at our guide.
- Contract length - choose between a 12-month or a 30-day plan
- Price - if you have a budget, choose the maximum you want to pay each month in the cost filter
Click on the deal you like best, and we'll take you to The People’s Operator's website so you can sign up and get started.
If you're not convinced The People’s Operator's is the network you want, that's no problem - you can compare its deals right next to those from other providers too. Just select the networks whose SIMs you'd like to see and we'll show you the lot. Or, compare all SIM deals here.
Can I get an unlimited data The People’s Operator's SIM?
No, the maximum monthly data allowance you can get is 8GB, on a one-month plan. That's still a reasonable amount of data and enough to stream an hour or two of music or podcasts over 4G every day.
However, if you don't think 8GB is enough, you may need to check out unlimited and big data options from other networks instead.
What's the cheapest The People’s Operator SIM-only deal?
The cheapest mobile TPO SIM deal you can get is 1GB data, with 500 call minutes and unlimited texts. Special offers can drop the price even further, so make sure you compare deals to find the best price.
To do that, use our comparison table (above). Adjust the filters to make sure you only see SIMs that have enough monthly allowance for you, and then sort the whole table by monthly cost. You'll see the lowest-priced deals right at the top.
Is a The People's Operator SIM deal cheaper than a phone contract?
Yes - it's almost always cheaper in the long run to buy a phone outright and take out a SIM-only deal.
As all The People's Operator's SIM-only deals are one-month plans, if you do want the benefits of a longer contract (like lower upfront costs, a nice new phone in your hand today, and free screen replacements), it’s worth seeing what other networks can offer.
Can I upgrade a The People’s Operator SIM-only deal?
Their flexible rolling 30-day plans mean you can cancel or upgrade your plan at any time; this will take effect when your current plan expires.
Can I keep my number if I switch to a The People’s Operator SIM-only deal?
Yes - it's almost always possible to keep your current phone number when you switch to a new network.
- Choose a new SIM-only plan - compare deals and sign up to one that you like the look of. Your SIM will be sent through the post to you. While you're waiting…
- Contact your current provider and request your PAC (porting authorisation code) - you can request your code in a few ways - online, via text and even by post if you're really old-school. If you phone, they may try to talk you into sticking with them, but stick to your guns if this happens. They'll send you the PAC as a text message within two hours.
- Give the PAC to your new network - when your new SIM arrives, it will have a new number. To change it to the old one, contact your network and give them the PAC code. They'll take care of porting the number over. It could be as fast as one working day before the old number's transferred, but be aware that on occasion it can take a little more time.
It may sound complicated, but it's very simple in practice. If you want a bit more detail, check out our full guide to keeping your phone number:
What size SIM card do I need?
There are three SIM card sizes you can get:
- Standard SIM card - 15mm x 25mm, commonly used in older feature phones
- Micro SIM card - 12mm x 15mm, used in some smartphones, primarily older models
- Nano SIM card - 8.8m x 12.3mm, used in most modern phones, including popular handsets like the iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8
Don't worry if you have no idea which size your phone takes. Most networks will send you a 3-in-1 SIM, designed to fit into any handset. It'll come encased in plastic, and you can pop it out into the size you want.
In other words, don't stress about SIM size when comparing deals. Whichever you choose, the SIM card will fit in your phone.
Does my phone have to be unlocked to use a The People’s Operator SIM?
Some phones are locked onto a particular network, and will need to be unlocked before you can use another company's SIM. Fortunately, this is really easy to do. To find out if your phone is locked, pop in a friend's SIM card - they'll need to be on another network obviously. If it works, then your phone is good to go - otherwise, you'll need to contact your current operator and ask them to unlock it.
Different networks have different rules on unlocking. Some examples are:
- Three - all handsets are unlocked out of the box.
- O2 - phones are locked, but O2 will unlock them for free when you're out of contract. Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers will have to pay though.
- Vodafone - phones are locked, but Vodafone will unlock for free.
- EE - phones are locked, but EE will unlock for free - so long as you're out of contract. PAYG customers must wait 12 months after purchasing to unlock.
Those are just the major networks. To find out more about unlocking your mobile, check our full guide:
More SIM-only deals
Take a look at the SIM deals you can get from other providers too:
- Asda Mobile SIM-only deals
- EE SIM-only deals
- giffgaff SIM-only deals
- iD Mobile SIM-only deals
- Lebara Mobile SIM-only deals
- O2 SIM-only deals
- Plusnet Mobile SIM-only deals
- Sky Mobile SIM-only deals
- Smarty SIM-only deals
- Tesco Mobile SIM-only deals
- Three SIM-only deals
- Virgin Mobile SIM-only deals
- Vodafone SIM-only deals
- VOXI SIM-only deals