The BBC’s long running late night film show finally has a new presenter… or rather presenters. The departing host Claudia Winkleman will be replaced by a who’s who of names from the world of TV and radio.
Film 2016 - as it will be known this year- starts today and will run for seven episodes. The resident critic for all shows is Danny Leigh, but in a change to the previous format, it will have a changing line-up of presenters and guest critics.
Here's the full line up:
- Tonight's show (2 Nov) will be hosted by Zoe Ball, with guest critic duties falling to Ellen E Jones. Films to be reviewed include Tom Ford's much buzzed-about Nocturnal Animals, and the more-interesting-than-the-name-implies Ben Affleck vehicle, The Accountant.
- 9 Nov, Episode 2 - presented by Ben Bailey Smith, guest critic is Grace Dent.
- 16 Nov, Episode 3 - presenter Mariella Frostrup anchors, while extra criticism comes from Tim Robey.
- 23 Nov, Episode 4 - Camilla Long presents, guest critic is Rhianna Dhillon.
- 30 Nov, Episode 5 - Paul Merton steps into the presenter job, supported by guest critic Kate Muir
- 7 December, Episode 6 - Edith Bowman hosts, Peter Bradshaw provides extra thoughts
- 14 December, Episode 7 - Antonia Quirke is acting presenter, and Ashley Clark is the guest critic.
The BBC's Film [insert year here] show has been running since 1971. In that time it's had three hosts - Barry Norman, Jonathan Ross and Claudia Winkleman.