Sky has announced the launch of a new sports channel, Sky Sports Mix. Arriving this Wednesday, it’ll be available to all Sky TV customers, even if you don’t have Sky Sports.
The channel hopes to "open a window on the amazing action shown on Sky Sports every day and shine a light on sport not previously covered on television." Expect to see niche sports, tournaments from around the world, and highlights of the best bits from your favourite games.
For its first month, Sky Sports Mix will show an average of a whopping five hours of live sport every day, covering 16 different sports including golf, rugby, motorsport, and international football.
Alongside the live sport you'll also get Game Changers, sporting masterclasses for kids, documentaries, sports entertainment, and more.
Live matches and events confirmed for the channel so far are:
- Wednesday 24 August - England v Pakistan ODI, 1.30pm
- Thursday 25 August and Friday 26 August - European Tour Golf - Made In Denmark, 10.30am
- Friday 26 August - EFL Championship - Burton Albion v Derby County, 6.30pm
- Saturday 27 August - Rugby Championship - New Zealand v Australia, 8am
- Saturday 27 August - F1 Belgian GP qualifying, 12pm
- Saturday 27 August - La Liga - Real Madrid v Celta Vigo, 7.15pm
- Sunday 28 August - MLS - Toronto v Montreal Impact, 12.30am
- Sunday 28 August - F1 Belgian GP, 12.30pm
Sky Sports Mix launches at 12.30pm on Wednesday 24 August, on Sky TV channel 407 (right next to Sky Sports News HQ), on Sky Go, and on selected Virgin Media TV packages.