If you’re after a sweet mobile deal, there’s only one thing for it: a flexible SIM-only plan from Candy Telecom. It’s a pretty new mobile provider that specialises in easy-to-understand deals with all the minutes, texts, and data you could ask for. Here’s everything you need to know.
What can I get from Candy Telecom mobile?
You can get a range of SIM-only deals from Candy Telecom. Every plan comes with unlimited calling minutes and texts, but you get to pick how much data allowance you want. Your choices are:
- Voice Plan - just calls and texts
- Euro Plan - includes 5GB of data that you can use abroad in Europe as well as at home
- 2GB Plan
- 4GB Plan
- 10GB Plan
- 20GB Plan
They all work on a 30-day basis, so you can stop, start, and change your plan whenever you want. Watch out though, as there's a £20 cancellation charge if you've been with Candy Telecom for less than a year.
The Euro Plan is a great choice if you visit the EU a lot, but even on a regular plan you can still use your normal allowance when you're abroad. In the EU, that'll cost you £3 per day; and in the rest of the world, £5 per day.
There aren't any contract plans available that include a handset, unfortunately - it's SIM-only all the way.
Candy Telecom mobile coverage
Candy Telecom is an MVNO that uses Vodafone's network, so coverage is very good, reaching more than 90% of the population. In fact, its 4G availability is one of the best in the country, covering about 85% of us.
What's good about Candy Telecom mobile?
- Straightforward range of deals, from no data all the way up to 20GB per month
- Decent 4G coverage, courtesy of Vodafone
- Euro Plan is very good for roaming
- Unlimited calls and texts on every plan
- All plans last 30 days, so you can stop or change at any time
- No need for a credit check
What's bad about Candy Telecom mobile?
- Not the cheapest mobile provider around
- Out-of-plan charges are very expensive - 41p per minute and 26p per text, at the time of writing
- No add-ons or bolt-ons available if you exceed your allowance
- No contracts on handsets available
- Lowest data tariff you can get is 2GB per month - not the best value for light users
- £20 cancellation charge if you've had your plan for less than a year