The Facts about Fuel Broadband
Fuel Broadband specialises in affordable and customisable broadband and phone packages. The idea is that rather than picking a preset package, you build your own by picking the things you want.
You'd be forgiven for not recognising the name, but Fuel Broadband isn't a new provider - it used to go by the name Primus Saver. It's now rebranded, taking the name Fuel because it "believes broadband is the fuel of everyday life".
We always thought that was coffee…
What can I get from Fuel Broadband?
At the heart of Fuel's options is unlimited broadband offering download speeds of up to 17Mb. Evening and weekend calls to UK landlines are included as standard, but you can upgrade to anytime calls for a little extra each month.
If you have specific requirements when it comes to your home phone, such as call divert or voicemail, you can add these as extras. You can withhold your number and get 1471 for free. Other features cost between £2.50 and £3.50 a month.
The call features Fuel Broadband offers are:
- 1471 - find out what the last number to call you was
- Withhold number - hides your number when you call people
- Anonymous caller reject - blocks calls from withheld numbers
- Answer 1571 - voicemail
- Call barring - blocks specified outgoing calls
- Call divert - diverts incoming calls to another phone
- Call waiting - alerts you if someone tries to call when you're already on the phone
- Caller display - see who's calling before you answer
- Ring back - automatically calls back engaged numbers
- Three-way calling - chat with two other people at the same time
What's good about Fuel Broadband?
- Affordable - although make sure you factor line rental into the cost
- Line rental among the lowest around
- All broadband packages are unlimited
- Straightforward, easy to understand packages
- Phone packages can be tailored to suit your needs
- Free new line installation with broadband
- UK-based customer service
What's bad about Fuel Broadband?
- No fibre optic broadband (yet)
- Won't suit households of three or more
- Small choice of packages
- No TV
- Very basic - not much in the way of extras