Plusnet specialises in simple, affordable broadband and home phone deals. So if you’re in the market for broadband that won’t break the bank, Plusnet is well worth a look.
What broadband deals can I get from Plusnet?
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
Can I bundle Plusnet with TV?
The bad news is that Plusnet no longer offers a TV service to new customers.
But you can get the BT app for a really good price, which you'll be able to watch on a tablet, smartphone, games console. Or you can cast it to your TV with a Chromecast or Apple TV set top box.
Can I get a home phone with Plusnet?
Yes, you can. In fact, all Plusnet broadband packages require you to take a landline.
Pay-as-you-go calls come as standard. But you can sign up for calls add-ons, such as inclusive evening and weekends or international calls, for an extra monthly charge.
Can I get fibre-optic Plusnet broadband?
Plusnet offers a choice of two fibre packages. These are:
- Unlimited Fibre - Fibre optic, with average download speeds of 36Mbps and unlimited downloads. It’s suitable for large households, music streamers and gamers.
- Unlimited Fibre Extra - Fibre optic, with average download speeds of 66Mbps and unlimited downloads. Plusnet’s fastest fibre optic broadband that will suit online gamers or households full of Netflix fans.
It also offers a low-cost standard broadband service, called Unlimited Broadband. Details of which you can see below:
- Unlimited - average download speeds of 10Mbps with unlimited downloads. The most basic package and perfect for a bit of browsing, social media, and email.
All three packages include a landline with pay as you go calls. And it's worth noting that Plusnet's line rental itself is, on the whole, cheaper than other providers, and Plusnet gives you a discount on your monthly broadband bill as well.
You can also upgrade your call plan to include evening and weekend calls, anytime calls, or add international calling.
It's also worth noting that all Plusnet broadband packages truly unlimited with no download caps.
That means you can surf the web, stream video, and play online games to your heart’s content without having to worry about your allowance running out.
Plusnet SafeGuard is included as standard in each of the broadband packages too.
This is network-level internet security that lets you block websites known to contain viruses and malware, or sites you don’t want the kids seeing (like adult material or violence).
Since it’s network-level, it’ll apply to all devices connected to your line, from laptops to tablets to phones, meaning a family-safe connection all around.
Can I get Plusnet broadband deals in my area?
To find out which Plusnet deals are available in your area, use our postcode checker and take a look.
Got your heart set on a particular service from Plusnet? Click on the links below to find out more
What speeds can I get with Plusnet broadband?
The speeds you'll get with Plusnet depend to some extent on the location of your home. But as a rule of thumb, the average speeds you can expect with its products are:
- Unlimited - 10Mbps average speed
- Unlimited Fibre - 36Mbps average speed
- Unlimited Fibre Extra - 66Mbps average speed
What’s good about Plusnet broadband?
- Specialises in affordable, easy-to-understand packages
- Superfast speeds, especially if you go for fibre optic
- Unlimited downloads so you don't have to worry about hitting a usage cap
- Landline-free broadband-only packages available - though they still need an active phone line
- Good reputation for customer service and 24/7 UK-based support
- All packages include SafeGuard and Plusnet Protect
- BT Sport app can be added - one of cheapest ways to get BT Sport
- Save money on your monthly broadband bill if you stick with a Plusnet phone line
- Free activation and installation when phone is included
- Option to save money by paying a year’s line rental upfront
- Free Plusnet Hub Zero or Plusnet Hub One
What’s bad about Plusnet broadband?
- No longer offers Plusnet TV to new customers
- Faster speeds available with other providers, such as Virgin Media
- Fibre optic not available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if you can get it in your area
- Broadband requires an active phone line, so even with a broadband-only package you still need to pay line rental - whether to Plusnet or another provider
- Not many extras - since Plusnet is all about simplicity there aren’t a lot of options for customising your package
See our full Plusnet review for more.
How does Plusnet compare with other providers?
Plusnet does two things very well: value for money and customer service. Its ADSL and fibre packages are consistently among the cheapest on the market, with speeds that are in line with most much bigger and better known providers.
Plusnet is also consistently rated among the best providers for customer support and customer satisfaction.
The catch is that it doesn't offer a premium, full fibre service and there's no option to add pay TV to your bundle.
Alternative broadband providers
Can I get Plusnet broadband without a landline?
No, is the short answer. All Plusnet broadband packages require you to take a landline.
How much is Plusnet broadband?
Plusnet is one of the cheapest and best value providers around. At the time of writing, its standard broadband comes in at around £20 per month, while its cheaper fibre service is a few pounds extra per month.
How long will it take to install Plusnet broadband?
Switching to Plusnet typically takes about two weeks, unless installation is required. In which case it may take a bit longer.
While your service is being transferred to Plusnet, you're only likely to be without an internet connection for a matter of minutes.