Plusnet packages - What can I get?
If it’s an affordable, simple-to-understand package you’re looking for, Plusnet (www.plus.net) may be the provider for you. Based in Sheffield and owned by BT, it’s committed to making broadband easy and offering fantastic customer service.
Its packages are primarily broadband with a Plusnet landline - though there’s a broadband-only option available if you’re dead set on getting your line rental elsewhere.
- Unlimited - Up to 17Mb download speed, ideal for a bit of browsing, email, and occasional streaming, but nothing too intensive.
- Unlimited Fibre - Plusnet’s cheapest fibre optic broadband, with up to 38Mb download speeds, making it perfect for large households or for streaming video.
- Unlimited Fibre Extra - Superfast fibre optic, with up to 76Mb download speeds, great for online gaming or watching Netflix in HD.
All have unlimited downloads, meaning you can browse, game, and stream to your heart’s content. It’ll also throw in Plusnet SafeGuard and Plusnet Protect for up to seven PCs, to give you a little internet security, and a router - either the Plusnet Hub One or Plusnet Hub Zero.
They’re all available as broadband-only without a landline, but you’ll still need an active phone line for it to work - whether that’s from Plusnet or another provider. But there are a few incentives to get the broadband option that includes PLusnet line rental. It’ll mean free installation and activation, for a start, as well as a discount on your monthly bill.
Another pretty cool extra you can get is BT Sport. Provided you have a Sky box and a satellite dish, BT Sport is available through Plusnet for a far cheaper price than elsewhere, so you can watch exclusive games and leagues such as the Champions League.
Unfortunately its broadband isn’t available everywhere just yet, so remember to use our postcode checker to see if you can get it in your area.
Plusnet home phone
Once you’ve picked the best broadband, it’s time to decide on a line rental option. A Plusnet landline isn’t available on its own - only as part of a broadband bundle.
Your home phone choices are:
- Evenings and Weekends - The standard phone package. It comes with all broadband and phone bundles if you don’t upgrade, and includes evening and weekend calls to UK landlines.
- Anytime - Anytime calls to UK landlines, on any day of the week at any time of day.
- Anytime International 300 - 300 anytime minutes per month to 35 international destinations (including USA, Australia, India, and China), plus anytime calls to UK landlines.
They all come with the option to add 100 anytime minutes to UK mobiles too, as well as all the usual little extras like voicemail and call divert. Oh, and you can save money by paying a year’s line rental upfront.
What’s good about Plusnet packages?
- Specialises in affordable broadband bundles
- Fibre optic is superfast with download speeds of up to 76Mb
- Broadband is unlimited, with no download limit
- Landline-free broadband available (though it still requires an active phone line)
- Very good reputation for customer service and 24/7 UK-based support, confirmed by Ofcom’s stats
- One of the cheapest ways to get BT Sport
- Including line rental gives you a discount on broadband, as well as free activation and installation
- Option to save money by paying a year’s line rental upfront
What’s bad about Plusnet packages?
- No landline-only option - Plusnet home phone is only available as part of a bundle with broadband
- No TV or mobile - other providers with similar packages also offer TV or mobile deals
- Fibre optic broadband not available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if you can get it in your area
- Faster broadband speeds are available from other providers, such as Virgin Media and Hyperoptic
- Broadband-only option still requires paying for an active phone line
- Not many extras - Plusnet specialises in making things simple, so there are very few options for customising your package