When most people think of Sky, they think of its excellent TV packages. But it’s certainly no one-trick pony. In fact, when it comes to broadband, it offers some of the most reliable internet packages in the country.
Sky’s basic TV offering has more than 300 channels and comes with a Sky Q box as standard. Plus, because it uses the same infrastructure as its rival BT, its broadband packages are available across most of the country.
With that in mind, if you need some help choosing a TV and broadband package, we’ve condensed everything down for you on the page below:
What does Sky TV have to offer?
All Sky TV packages come with a Sky Q box, which really is an impressive bit of kit. Put simply, the hardware lets you watch Sky TV in different rooms and on multiple devices. You’ll also get a host of other cool stuff too, like the ability to stream content from your mobile, for example. To find out more about sky Q click here.
Another great thing about Sky is that it offers loads of special offers for its new and existing customers, so we recommend keeping a look out on our deals page for the best ones.
Before you go looking though, check out what Sky TV packages have to offer:
Sky TV Packages
If you like to watch a lot of TV, you won’t find a better selection of channels than with Sky. Its Entertainment package, for example, boasts over 300 channels including Sky Witness, Sky One and Sky Atlantic, along with loads of on demand content.
Here’s some other TV boosts you can add to the Entertainment package:
- Sky Sports - Sky Sports 11 sports channels showcase everything from football to Formula 1. Plus, you don’t have to take out the full package - you can save money by just getting one or two channels if you prefer. Read more about Sky Sports here.
- Sky Cinema - With Sky Cinema, you get over 1,000 films on demand plus more of the latest films than any other service and a new premier every day.
- Sky kids - The Sky Kids boost boasts up to 10 kids’ channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney.
- Sky HD - With Sky’s basic Entertainment package, you’ll get 12 free-to-air channels in high definition and if you’re looking for more, you can add on more than 40 with the Sky HD pack.
Sky broadband packages
The type of broadband you go for really depends on what kind of user you are. For example, if you only use the web to check your e-mails from time to time, a standard, ADSL broadband will be sufficient.
That said, if you spend a lot of time playing games online or you stream a lot of movies, then you’ll want the fastest speed possible. To that end, a fibre package will be your best bet. Below, we’ve listed all of Sky’s broadband packages, and what they have to offer:
- Broadband Unlimited - Although Broadband Unlimited doesn’t provide the fastest speeds, it’s ample for browsing the web and downloading the odd programme on demand. Plus, it’s a fair bit cheaper than a fast fibre optic package.
- Fibre Unlimited - This is Sky’s fast fibre package, with an average speed of 36Mb and unlimited download usage. This package is a great option for large households and anyone who runs a small business from home.
- Fibre Max - Similar to Fibre Unlimited, Sky Fibre Max offers average speeds of up to an eye-watering 63Mb. It’s perfect for hardcore gamers maintaining lots of data-hungry activities like streaming music.