You probably know Sky as the UK’s favourite TV subscription service and the second most popular broadband. But it’s also got some pretty good home phone packages under its belt.
Today's best provider deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
Whether you like to chat at the weekends, or ring family and friends abroad, there’s bound to be a Talk plan that suits you. Read on and let’s see what you can get.
What can I get from Sky Talk?
Sky offers home phone packages:
- Sky Line Rental - The standard Sky line rental, where you only pay for the calls you make.
- Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra - Inclusive UK landline calls at weekends and in the evening.
- Sky Talk Anytime Extra - Inclusive calls to UK landlines 24/7.
- Sky Talk International Extra - Unlimited calls to landlines in 50 international destinations - plus mobiles in Canada, Hong Kong, USA - at any time, as well as anytime calls to UK landlines.
The UK landline calls include numbers beginning with 01, 02, 03, and 0870, for calls of up to an hour - so remember to hang up before 60 minutes are up and phone back.
All Sky Talk packages include 1471 and 141 features, with the option to activate caller display and automatic number withhold for free as well.
For an extra cost per month, you can add some other calling features to your plan too. They include:
- Voicemail, or an upgrade to Voicemail Plus (to record a personal greeting, store more messages, and listen to your messages from any phone)
- Call divert
- Call waiting
- Three way calling
- Ring back
- Last caller barring
- Anonymous caller reject
- Reminder call
Your phone can also send and receive landline texts, though it’ll cost a few pennies each time.
What’s good about Sky Talk?
- Sky is a ‘quad-play’ provider, so you can bundle Talk with broadband, TV, and mobile
- Runs on the Openreach network, so there’s very wide availability
- Landline-only packages available
- International calling options aren’t bad
- Good customer service record, according to Ofcom
What’s bad about Sky Talk?
- Extra calling features are expensive, with no bundling options for reduced rates
- Sky doesn’t offer a free smartphone app to home phone customers like BT and TalkTalk do
- Not the cheapest line rental around (though it's not the most expensive either)
What else can I get from Sky?
Take a look at everything else Sky has to offer: