Virgin Media has got it all. Since it’s a ‘quad-play’ provider, you can bundle broadband, TV, home phone, and mobile together - and there are lots of options to choose from.
All Virgin Media packages are available on either 18-month contracts or on a 30-day rolling basis. Longer contracts cost less per month, but 30-day ones can be cancelled at any time.
Virgin Media broadband
Virgin Media has its own network of fibre optic cables, meaning its super speedy broadband is available either bundled with other services or on its own, landline-free. There are a selection of speeds to choose from:
- M50 - average download speed of 54Mbps
- M100 - average download speed of 108Mbps
- M200 - average download speed of 213Mbps
- M350 - average download speeds of 362Mbps
- M500 - average download speeds of 516Mbps
All have unlimited downloads, so you needn’t worry about hitting a usage cap.
You’ll also get lots of extras thrown in, including a Virgin Media Super Hub, internet security in the form of Web Safe and F-Secure SAFE virus protection, 10 free email addresses, and access to Wi-Fi on the London Underground.
There’s also a mobile broadband package available from Virgin Media. Its Wireless Mobile Wi-Fi device has download speeds of up to 21Mbps and monthly downloads limit of up to 15GB - with contracts on either a monthly rolling or one-year basis.
Virgin Media TV
Like its broadband, TV from Virgin Media is available on its own, or bundled with other Virgin Media services. Some of the main packages are:
- Big bundle - 100+ channels, including eighteen in HD
- Bigger bundle - 200+ channels, including 60+ HD channels and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD
- Ultimate Volt bundle - everything in Bigger bundle plus Sky Sports and Sky Cinema in HD, and a whopping 230+ channels
You'll also get a Virgin TV 360 set top box, with the option to add extra channels in the form of Personal Picks, which operate on a one-month, rolling-contract basis.
All Virgin Media TV customers get the Virgin TV Anywhere app, to watch on demand TV anywhere from any device.
Virgin Media home phone
For line rental, you have four Talk packages to choose from:
- Talk Weekends - Standard line rental, with inclusive calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobiles at weekends.
- Talk More Weekends - Includes unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles at weekends.
- Talk More Evening and Weekends - Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles in the evenings as well as weekends.
- Talk More Anytime - Includes unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines and mobiles.
- Talk More International Anytime - Includes unlimited calls to UK landlines, UK mobiles, and landlines in 30 international destinations.
They all have some features included, such as voicemail, and a ton of extra features you can add on too, like call divert, premium number barring, and international calls.
Virgin Media Big Bundles
The handy thing about Virgin Media packages is that you can choose which bits you want - or save money and cut down on hassle by going for a ready-made ‘Big Bundle.’
They include broadband, TV, and a landline (though that's optional).
All include the same perks and extras as each of their individual components - so you’ll get the Virgin Media Super Hub, email addresses, Virgin TV Anywhere, and what-have-you.
You can also add a mobile SIM from O2 to your plan by choosing a Volt package. This also gets you Virgin's fastest broadband, a TV package, and landline too.
Mobile deals of all kinds are available on their own from Virgin Mobile, though you can pick one up even cheaper if you’re already a Virgin Media broadband or TV customer.
Pay monthly contracts
Most are simply standard contracts, but on selected phones you can also get a Freestyle one. What this means is that you can switch your contract whenever you like - so if you find you’re using more data or making more phone calls than you anticipated, it’s no problem to upgrade to a more generous tariff.
You’ll have a few options of allowances on your contract, though the exact ones available may vary depending on the handset or contract type you’re going for. They very from a basic 1GB of data per month, all the way up to 20GB and 5000 calling minutes.
What’s good about Virgin Media packages?
- ‘Quad-play’ provider, so you can bundle broadband, phone, TV, mobile into a single monthly bill
- Lots of flexible options on all packages that you can customise as you wish
- Available on 30-day rolling contracts, or on a 12-month basis if you want to save money
- Ready-made ‘Big Bundles’ and Volt packages let you save even more money
- Broadband-only and TV-only packages are available, allowing you to pick and choose
- One of the most comprehensive TV services in UK, with hundreds of channels and thousands of hours of on-demand TV
- Superfast fibre optic with unlimited downloads is perfect for large households and avid online gamers
- Everything is packed with extras, such as Virgin TV Go app for viewing on the move
- Nine-month student contracts available
- TV and broadband customers can get discounts on mobile
- Can self-install if there’s already been a Virgin Media connection in your home
What’s bad about Virgin Media packages?
- More expensive than a lot of providers
- Not available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if you can get Virgin Media in your area
- Costly installation fees can apply
- Line rental not available on its own, only with TV or broadband