Live in the Isle of Wight and looking for an ultrafast broadband connection? WightFibre has you covered. Here’s everything it has to offer, including speeds, prices and customer satisfaction ratings…
WightFibre offers an array of ultrafast, full-fibre broadband packages to Isle of Wight residents. Indeed, its packages range from 50Mbps right up to an eye-wateringly fast 900 Mbps average upload/download speed.
You see, unlike most mainstream providers, WightFibre uses optical fibre wire, rather than copper, to deliver its broadband to the home. Put simply, this means a pure, fibre optic broadband connection suitable for busy households and professionals working from a home office.
And with fewer electrical components to manage, WightFibre’s ultrafast broadband packages are also much more reliable than standard, ADSL internet to boot. Moreover, they aren’t affected by outside influences like the weather either.
Read on to find out more…
For a provider that deals solely in ultrafast internet, Wightfibre is competitively priced – and even cheaper against bigger providers like BT, for example.
Indeed, its Full-Fibre 100 package, for example, costs £23.95 per month and comes with free installation too.
WightFibre broadband review
We have to say, we’re suitably impressed with the selection of ultrafast broadband packages WightFibre have to offer. The speeds it offers alone put it ahead of some the biggest providers in the UK.
There are five packages to choose from:
- Full-Fibre 50 – 50Mbps average upload and download speeds
- Full-Fibre 100 – 100Mbps average upload/download speeds
- Full-Fibre 300 – 300Mbps average upload/download speeds
- Full-Fibre 500 – 500Mbps average upload/download speeds
- Full-Fibre 900 - 900Mbps average upload/download speeds.
Each package has no usage limits, so you can surf the web as much as you want without incurring any nasty additional charges at the end of the month.
All WightFibre broadband packages come with a Plume, cloud-coordinated hub. In theory, this clever piece of kit should deliver a more seamless connection across the home than a single-router WiFi system.
Impressively, all WightFibre broadband customers also get the Plume SuperPod - a nifty device you can place in the corners of the home where your signal is weakest – included with their package. And for an extra £8.25 per month at the time of writing, WightFibre will also supply up to two extra SuperPods.
Lastly, its 500Mbps and 900Mbps packages come with Whole Home WiFi – WightFibre’s complete home WiFi package. This includes additional Plume SuperPods as standard.
At the time of writing, reviews site Trustpilot rates 4.7 stars, which means the majority of customers experience excellent customer service.
To that end, if good customer service is particularly important to you, WightFibre is well worth a look.
WightFibre home phone packages
All WightFibre broadband packages include free line rental as well as features like call forwarding, call waiting, 3-way calling, caller ID, caller rejection and wake-up alarm calls, as standard. That said, a standalone phoneline costs £6 per month.
Its call packages include:
- Evening & Weekends – includes free Evening & Weekend landline calls between 7pm to 7am, Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Free calls to 01, 02, 03, 07, plus mobile numbers on EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three, some 05 and 08 number access charges.
- Anytime Calls – free calls to 01, 02, 03, 07 Mobile Numbers on EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three some 05 and 08 number access charges.
- Anytime Calls International - free calls to 01, 02, 03, 07, plus EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three mobile numbers, some 05 and 08 number access charges. Free calls to 33 destinations: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Vatican City