Buckinghamshire-based and delightfully named telecoms company Toople does one thing: basic, straightforward broadband for small businesses that doesn’t cost a bomb.
It likes to keep things simple, without the bells and whistles - which could be exactly what your company needs to keep things goin
What can I get from Toople?
Toople offers three broadband packages:
- Business Broadband - standard broadband and line rental, with download speeds up to 24Mb. You only need to pay for line rental here - your broadband is included on top of that at no extra cost. It’s ideal for a small office or a shop, restaurant, or salon that just needs a bit of internet every now and then.
- Business Fibre Lite - superfast fibre optic broadband and line rental, with download speeds up to 40Mb and upload speeds up to 10Mb. Works well for a small-ish office where everyone needs to get online at once.
- Business Fibre XL - even faster fibre optic broadband and line rental, with download speeds up to 80Mb and upload speeds up to 20Mb. Perfect for a slightly larger office, or a café that offers Wi-Fi for its customers.
All include totally unlimited downloads with no cap at all, and a free router. You’ll get access to Toople’s dedicated support team too, should you need any help.
And whichever broadband you choose, you can also add on:
- Unlimited UK Calls Package - for anytime, inclusive calls to UK landlines and mobiles
- International Call Pack - for 500 calling minutes to 39 worldwide destinations
Those 39 destinations are (deep breath)… Australia, Azores, Belgium, Canada, Canary Islands, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Madeira, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Virgin Islands, USA, and Venezuela.
What’s good about Toople?
- Reasonably priced, including a ‘free’ basic broadband package
- Truly unlimited downloads, with no secret caps or traffic management
- Option to add unlimited, anytime UK calls
- Superfast fibre optic broadband available, in download speeds up to 80Mb
- Free router included
- Static IPs are available
What’s bad about Toople?
- Not ideal for large enterprises - Toople’s options only really suit small businesses
- Only a few choices of packages compared with some providers
- International calling options aren’t very comprehensive
- A lot of common business broadband features are missing - like more complex phone systems and VPNs