There’s only one thing better than a good value broadband package - and that’s a good value broadband package that has a free gift for you as well.
Want a broadband, home phone, or TV deal with a little something extra? Here’s everything you need to know.
How to find broadband with free gifts
The deals above are a good starting point! Take a look at our picks, and if there’s one that takes your fancy, give it a click to sign up or see more details.
For more deals in your area, and a chance to see even more packages with free gifts, stick your postcode into our postcode checker at the top of the page. We’ll show you everything you can get where you are. Have a gander through your results, and look out for ones with gifts - the colourful stickers will help you out. Then just click through to sign up or get more info.
Just remember that if you spot a package you like, you’ll need to grab it quickly! Most deals with free gifts don’t stick around very long - sometimes only for a few days.
It’s also worth remembering that some broadband deals are super cheap anyway, even without a gift. It could actually be better value to get a money-saving budget deal.
What free gifts can I get with broadband?
All kinds of pressies could be on offer from broadband providers, but you’ll often find things like…
- Cashback - Usually in the form of a cheque made out to the name on your broadband contract. Once you’ve claimed it and cashed it, it’s money in your account to spend as you wish. Compare broadband deals with cashback here.
- Reward cards and prepaid cards - These are basically credit cards sent to you loaded with a set amount of money. You can spend them in any shop or retailer that accepts that kind of card.
- Vouchers - Either cards or e-vouchers that you can spend in certain stores. You may find vouchers for Amazon, Sainsbury’s, John Lewis, iTunes, and more.
- Gadgets - It’s quite rare for a provider to offer a deal with a free tablet, laptop, TV set, or speaker, but it’s been known to happen…
- Free router - All broadband providers chuck in a router with your package, but some do it at no extra cost and let you keep it even after your contract ends. And sometimes it’s a pretty good one.
Which broadband providers offer free gifts?
Deals with free gifts can crop up on standard ADSL broadband packages, fibre optic broadband, broadband and home phone, and even TV deals. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a chance you can nab it with a gift too.
Providers that sometimes offer gifts include:
- BT - has offered free gifts with its standard broadband, BT Superfast Fibre broadband (formerly known as BT Infinity), and TV packages, including free routers and chunky reward cards
- EE - has offered gifts with broadband, home phone, and even mobile deals
- Plusnet - get a free router and sometimes other gifts with its broadband and home phone
- Sky - has offered vouchers, gadgets, and reward cards on its broadband and TV deals
- TalkTalk - sometimes offers reward cards and vouchers on its broadband, home phone, and TV packages
- Virgin Media - has offered reward cards, gadgets, and other gifts on its broadband, TV, and big bundles
These kinds of deals usually have very short shelf lives, however, so we can’t guarantee there will always be a provider currently offering them. It’s best to just check your postcode and see what’s available right now.
How to claim your gift
See our complete guide to claiming cashback, reward cards, vouchers, and so on:
A few kinds of gifts, such as free routers, will get sent out to you automatically - but in most cases, you’ll need to go to the provider’s website to claim them. Generally, it’ll be an online form to fill in, so have your order info and confirmation email ready to go.
For most things, including cashback and vouchers, when you claim is important. Providers usually ask you to claim after your new connection is live, and within a certain time frame - this could be 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days, for instance.