Fibre optic broadband and TV go together like fish and chips - they're great on their own, but put them together and you have something truly special.
Each service enhances the other. Most pay TV packages contain a wealth of on-demand content, from catch-up TV to box sets, and the faster your internet, the better quality they'll be, with higher resolution pictures and less buffering. In turn, all those added entertainment options mean you'll definitely get your money's worth from your superfast connection.
Brilliantly, there are loads of fibre and TV deals available, from multiple providers, including Sky, BT, Virgin Media, TalkTalk and NOW Broadband. Read on, and we'll take you through what’s available, what to watch out for, and how to get the best price.
How do I find the best fibre and TV deal?
It's easy - simply scroll up. On this page, you can compare fibre broadband and TV deals from loads of providers. You can use the filters to set specific parameters - for example, only look at deals with unlimited downloads, or sort results by total or monthly cost. It's quick and easy to find a great fibre TV deal, so give it a go.
Or keep reading, and we'll go into what you can get from each provider:
Sky fibre and TV deals
Sky TV still comes via satellite, but it has a wealth of on-demand content available to watch online. Naturally then, it sells fibre optic broadband and TV bundles to help you get the most out of it. Here’s what's available:
- Fibre optic broadband - two superfast speed options. Small households are probably okay sticking with the lower tier, but large families and house shares, or super-heavy users, should go for the fastest package advertised if possible. Check out our Sky fibre guide for more information.
- TV - you don't need us to tell you that Sky's top notch for TV. As standard, everyone gets Entertainment channels - including Sky One and Sky Atlantic, home of top US shows like Game of Thrones. You can add box sets and extra channels, including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema, most of which can be watched on demand. You can read about your options in much more detail with our full guide to Sky TV.
Virgin Media fibre and TV deals
If you want incredibly fast speeds and one of the most comprehensive TV services in the country… well, that's Virgin Media in a nutshell. Its broadband and telly bundles are plentiful, incredibly fast and offer tons to watch. It's also one of the more expensive options - make no mistake, this is a premium service. Here's what you can get:
- Fibre optic broadband - all Virgin Media broadband packages are fibre. Unlike other providers, which typically share the same BT Openreach infrastructure, Virgin Media uses its own network. It's capable of incredible speeds - you can even get ultrafast packages in some areas. Read our Virgin Media fibre page for more information.
- TV - Virgin Media gives you access to Sky Entertainment channels (minus Sky Atlantic), factual channels, kids TV, music channels. BT Sport, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, box sets and exclusive on-demand shows to name but a fraction of what's available. It costs a pretty penny, but you do get a heck of a lot for your money. Read our Virgin Media TV guide for the full list.
BT fibre and TV deals
BT is synonymous with broadband in the UK, but it's making a name for itself with TV too. Its TV and fibre bundles are typically cheaper than the two providers above, but they still give you plenty of opportunities to use your superfast connection. Here's what's what:
- Fibre optic broadband - BT calls its fibre optic packages BT Superfast Fibre (formerly BT Infinity). You've probably seen them advertised on TV. They're pretty fast, with multiple tiers of speeds to suit different types of users. Check our BT Superfast Fibre page for more information.
- TV - BT gives you a YouView box, with lots to watch on-demand, including box sets of popular TV shows. It also has one very powerful card up its sleeve - BT Sport. It's an impressive service that's specifically designed to work with BT Superfast Fibre - you can even watch in 4K with some packages if your connection is fast enough. You can learn more about BT TV with our full guide.
TalkTalk fibre and TV deals
TalkTalk keeps things simple and prices low, so if you're looking for affordable fibre and TV bundles, this is a provider to look at.
- Fibre optic broadband - TalkTalk offers a few different fibre packages, with different speed options to suit various sized households and users. All have unlimited broadband and a promise that TalkTalk won't increase the price mid-contract. See our TalkTalk fibre guide for more.
- TV - TalkTalk uses YouView, but in a very different way to BT. It's built around 'boosts' - packs of channels that you can add or remove on a rolling monthly basis. The big names are here - Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and loads of entertainment channels and box sets. Read our TalkTalk TV page for more.
NOW Broadband fibre and TV deals
NOW Broadband works a little differently to the other providers. It doesn't provide a set top box with its broadband and TV packages, and all its channels are designed to be streamed via the internet. Here's a brief rundown:
- Fibre optic broadband - NOW Broadband does two fibre options - 'Fab Fibre' and a much faster 'Super Fibre' that's perfect for heavier users. See our NOW Broadband guide for more information
- TV - When you sign up to NOW Broadband, you can add the NOW TV Entertainment pass at a discounted rate. If you want sports or movies, you can also get the Sky Sports Pass and Sky Cinema pass. All can be watched online via PC, smartphone, streaming stick, games console and more - a perfect workout for your fibre!
What's the cheapest fibre and TV deal?
If everything sits at full price, the cheapest deal is likely to be TalkTalk or NOW Broadband. Of course, providers regularly send out special offers with discounts, as well as perks like free gifts or cashback, so that can change depending on when you look.
Our best advice is to compare broadband either on this page or another, to see how the current deals line up.
Can I get fibre optic broadband without TV?
You absolutely can get fibre optic broadband without the TV. In fact, there's even more choice to be found from providers including Plusnet, Post Office, John Lewis, First Utility, SSE, Relish and more. Simply head over to our fibre optic broadband page to start comparing packages!