Looking for a really good fibre optic broadband and TV deal? There are plenty to choose from. On this page, we take a look at what the major providers have to offer and explain how to get the best deals.
Which providers offer fibre optic broadband and TV deals?
Here we take a look at each in turn to see what's good about them and what's not so good:
Sky fibre and TV deals
Here’s what's available:
- Fibre optic broadband - two superfast speed options. Large families and house shares, or heavy users, should go for the fastest package advertised if possible. Check out our Sky fibre guide for more information.
- TV - As standard, everyone gets Entertainment channels - including Sky One and Sky Atlantic, home of top US shows like Game of Thrones. You can add box sets and extra channels, including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema, most of which can be watched on demand. You can read about your options in much more detail with our full guide to Sky TV.
Virgin Media fibre and TV deals
If you want the UK's fastest speeds and one of the most comprehensive TV services in the country, Virgin Media is well worth a look.
Here's what you can get:
- Fibre optic broadband - all Virgin Media broadband packages are fibre. Unlike other providers, which typically share the same BT Openreach infrastructure, Virgin Media uses its own network. It's capable of incredible speeds - you can even get ultrafast packages in some areas. Read our Virgin Media fibre page for more information.
- TV - Virgin Media gives you access to Sky Entertainment channels (minus Sky Atlantic), factual channels, kids TV, music channels. BT Sport, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, box sets and exclusive on-demand shows to boot. It's not the cheapest, but you do get a lot for your money. Read our Virgin Media TV guide for the full list.
BT fibre and TV deals
BT's TV and fibre bundles are typically cheaper than the two providers above, but you'll still get a superfast connection, as well as loads of TV to watch.
Here's what's on offer:
- Fibre optic broadband - BT calls its fibre optic packages BT Superfast Fibre (formerly BT Infinity). They're fast packages, with multiple tiers of speeds to suit different types of users. Check our BT Superfast Fibre page for more information.
- TV - BT gives you a YouView box, with lots to watch on-demand, including box sets of popular TV shows. It also has one very powerful card up its sleeve - BT Sport. It's an impressive service that's specifically designed to work with BT Superfast Fibre - you can even watch in 4K with some packages if your connection is fast enough. You can learn more about BT TV with our full guide.
TalkTalk fibre and TV deals
TalkTalk offers simple packages and keeps its prices low, so if you're looking for affordable fibre and TV bundles, this is a provider to look at.
- Fibre optic broadband - TalkTalk offers a few different fibre packages, with different speed options to suit various sized households and users. All have unlimited broadband and a promise that TalkTalk won't increase the price mid-contract. See our TalkTalk fibre guide for more.
- TV - TalkTalk uses YouView, but in a very different way to BT. It's built around packs of channels that you can add or remove on a rolling monthly basis called boosts. They include Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and loads of entertainment channels and box sets. Read our TalkTalk TV page for more.
NOW Broadband fibre and TV deals
NOW Broadband works a little differently to the other providers. It doesn't provide a set top box with its broadband and TV packages, and all its channels are designed to be streamed via the internet. Here's a brief rundown:
- Fibre optic broadband - NOW Broadband does two fibre options - 'Fab Fibre' and a much faster 'Super Fibre' that's perfect for heavier users. See our NOW Broadband guide for more information
- TV - When you sign up to NOW Broadband, you can add the NOW TV Entertainment pass at a discounted rate. If you want sports or movies, you can also get the Sky Sports Pass and Sky Cinema pass. All can be watched online via PC, smartphone, streaming stick, games console and more - a perfect workout for your fibre!
Fibre optic broadband without TV
If you just want fibre broadband and don't need pay TV you've got a lot a much wider choice of providers. As well as the likes of BT, NOW Broadband and Virgin Media, you can pick from Plusnet, Post Office, John Lewis, SSE, Relish and more.
Click on the button below to start comparing fibre broadband packages:
What's the cheapest fibre and TV deal?
If you're looking to save money on a fibre and TV package, TalkTalk and Now Broadband, both of which specialise in good value bundles, are well worth a look. Unlike Sky and Virgin Media, they don't offer the highest-tech set top boxes or the same breadth of content. But they're flexible and very affordable.
However, it's still a good idea to shop around before making your decision. The likes of BT, Virgin Media and Sky often run time-limited promotions that make their fibre and TV bundles a lot more budget-friendly.