Welcome to broadbandchoices - the UK’s best broadband, TV, and mobile comparison service. We let you see deals from the UK’s top telecoms providers, so you can find the best deal possible.
Here’s a little about what you can use us for:
This may shock you, but broadbandchoices lets you compare different broadband choices. Okay, so it’s not a twist up there with The Sixth Sense, but the fact is we’ve been helping people compare broadband packages for more than 10 years, and we’re pretty darn good at it.
You can start comparing straight away by entering your postcode into the box at the top of this very page. Or, head over to our dedicated broadband page for more information about the best deals available.
What we list
We list three types of broadband packages on broadbandchoices:
- Fibre optic broadband - if you want the fastest, most reliable online experience, fibre’s the way to go. It’s fast enough to support multiple users at once, so it’s perfect for shared houses or large families with lots of gadgets to connect. It’s also what you need to stream video at the best quality.
- ADSL broadband - The most widely available type of broadband, ADSL is delivered over the phone line. While it’s slower than fibre, and download speeds are more variable, it typically works out cheaper. That makes it a great option for those on a budget.
- Wireless broadband - Not all broadband comes over wires. Some providers use 4G technology to deliver internet. These providers tend operate in specific areas, so don’t be surprised if you don’t see one listed in your results.
Who we list
We want to ensure that all the broadband providers we list are reliable and offer value to their customers. To that end, all companies listed on broadbandchoices undergo a rigorous vetting process before they’re added to our results.
Home broadband providers we currently compare are:
Standard Freeview is all well and good, but don’t you want a little… more? If you’re after more channels and loads to watch on demand, you should think about expanding your horizons with a pay TV package.
Even better, all TV providers also offer broadband, and bundling both services together is a great way to save money. Plus as an added benefit, getting both together means you only have one bill to deal with - hooray for less hassle, right?
To compare TV, simply enter your postcode at the top of the page, or head over to our TV hub to get started.
Who we list
You can compare TV and broadband bundles from the following providers on broadbandchoices:
What you can watch
The most comprehensive packages available are from Sky and Virgin Media. They give you the most channels, the slickest technology and more on-demand material than you have enough hours in the day to watch. They do, of course, cost more than the others - but in our opinion, you do get your money’s worth.
TalkTalk, Now TV and BT are less expensive, but they’re also less expansive. That said, you can still get many of the same channels, including sports and movie channels, and loads of on-demand box sets and catch-up TV. Honestly, they’re pretty good too.
Regardless of what you pick, you’ll find there’s plenty to watch. Here’s just some of it:
Sport on TV
Sky Sports has the most Premier League football matches, golf, cricket, Formula One and more. BT Sport also has Premier League matches, and the exclusive UK rights to the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Aviva Premiership rugby, and more.
You can get Sky Sports with all major TV services, albeit with some restrictions on BT. Likewise, BT Sport can be watched on all services except Now TV.
You can find out more about each service and how to get it here on our sports hub.
Movies on TV
When it comes to the best of the silver screen, Sky Cinema towers above the rest like a giant Oscar statue. It offers 11 movie channels, covering everything from superhero slugfests to arthouse award winners. Even better, it’s available with all pay TV services listed on our site.
There are also plenty of rental services available through your set top box, such as the TalkTalk TV Store and the Sky Store. Check out our dedicated movies page for more information.
Entertainment on TV
Pay TV services typically offer up loads of extra channels, such as kids TV, music channels and Sky’s suite, which includes Sky One, Sky Witness, and Sky Arts. You can see which channels are available with which service in our full rundown.
If it’s time to get a new mobile plan, the amount of choice available on the market can be bewildering. That’s where we step in. Our mobile comparison service lets you easily compare loads (and we mean loads) of different tariffs and plans, so you can find the perfect one. And because you can see prices side by side, it’ll probably cost less than you think. So whether you're looking for the latest iPhone XS deals or perhaps the latest in the Galaxy family, we're sure we can help...
What we list
We list a few different kinds of plan:
- SIM only - More affordable than pay monthly contracts because the price doesn’t include the handset. If you have a phone you like already, or want to buy one outright, this is a great way to get a plan for less.
- Pay monthly - Typically give you a handset at either reduced cost, or no upfront cost at all. The cost of the handset is included in your monthly bill, and you pay it off over the course of your contract.
- Mobile broadband - If you have an iPad, dongle or personal Wi-Fi device, you need a data-only SIM. This will give you GB to guzzle, but you won’t have to pay for calls or texts.
Who we list
We let you compare plans from the big mobile networks, as well as mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) - companies that offer their own services using others’ networks.
Operators listed include:
Whether you could talk for England, or you’re a monosyllabic grunter, you’ll need a home phone plan that matches your usage. Fortunately, almost all broadband providers offer home phone plans, so there’s plenty of choice out there.
What we list
There are a few types of call plans out there, and these are the most common:
- Evening and Weekend calls - inclusive calls on… erm, evening and weekends. Yes, it’s sort of in the name, isn’t it?
- Anytime calls - inclusive calls all day, every day of the week. Also rather obvious from the name, we suppose.
- International calls - Many providers offer inclusive calls, or reduced cost calls to different regions around the world. Not all countries are included in these plans, so check before signing up.
- Pay as you go - simply pay for the calls you make. If you don’t use your home phone much - or even at all - this is the one to go for.
Who we list
Home phone providers currently listed on broadbandchoices include:
Business broadband and phone
If you run a business, you need to make sure you have fast, reliable internet access. It’s not even an option anymore.
Fortunately, there are plenty of providers that offer broadband packages specifically designed for small and medium sized businesses. You can, of course, compare them here at broadbandchoices - easy and convenient is kinda our thing, after all.
Who we list
Business broadband providers listed in our results include:
Broadband deals and sales
Broadband providers regularly offer discounts and free gifts in various sales. Some are seasonal, like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but there's usually some type of offer available. To see which packages are reduced, or have a freebie like reward cards attached, use the postcode checker at the top of this page.