With over 10 million customers, Sky is one of the most popular TV subscription providers in the UK. But it also does competitive broadband and phone deals, too. Here’s how to get them
Looking for the best Sky broadband, TV and phone deals? You’ve come to the right place.
Whether you want movies and sports, superfast broadband or a cheap mobile phone contract, Sky probably has a package to fit your needs.
And the best part is, we have everything you need to know about Sky – including how to get the cheapest deal – on this page.
Let’s dive straight in…
Best Sky broadband deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What can I get from Sky?
As we say, although Sky is primarily known for its TV packages, it also boasts excellent standard and superfast broadband, too.
Here’s a snapshot of the packages you can get:
Sky TV is the biggest subscription TV service in the country, it has just about everything anyone could want to watch - especially when it comes to films and sports.
It incorporates a number of features, too, including recording, catch-up, on-demand, HD, 3D, online, on your phone.
What is Sky Q?
Sky Q is Sky's best set top box yet. It gives you a superior interface, an advanced, easy to use remote control, and loads more features - including the ability to access TV, on-demand and recordings all over the house.
While Sky may not be as well known for broadband as it is TV, it’s still the second most popular broadband provider in the UK. Basic Sky Broadband comes in two flavours - Sky Broadband Essential, which, is unlimited broadband; and Sky Broadband Connect, which you can get if you live outside Sky's network area.
If Sky Broadband don’t got enough pep for your online action, you can go fibre optic with Sky Fibre, which comes in the form of Sky Broadband Superfast. Plus, for an extra £2.50 per month, you can also add to Sky Broadband Boost which features Broadband Buddy, Proactive Service, Premium Service and even Mobile Date for outages.
This is Sky’s home phone service. It comes with all Sky Broadband and Sky Fibre packages, though you can get it on its own too.
For a little more, you can even upgrade to Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra, which gives you inclusive calls to UK landlines and mobiles on Saturdays and Sundays and every evening; Sky Talk Anytime Extra, which means you can use those inclusive calls whenever; or Sky Talk International Extra, which includes calls to 50 international destinations too.
Sports fan? You need Sky Sports - still the biggest sports TV service in the UK, and the place to watch the Premier League, Formula One, and more. Get it with Sky TV; add it on to a Virgin Media TV, BT TV, TalkTalk TV package; or grab a NOW TV Sports Pass.
If you enjoy your films, Sky Cinema offers a selection of channels that play nothing but movies all day - including some of the newest blockbusters before they reach any other streaming service.
Again, you don't even need Sky TV or Sky Broadband to get it. It's available on a variety of pay-TV services, including through NOW TV with an Entertainment Pass.
Sky existing customer deals
Good news if you’re already subscribing to a Sky service - the provider offers exclusive deals for existing customers too.
These are special deals or additional services that are only available to Sky households, and give you extra stuff at better value than a standard package. Upgrading can be less hassle than switching, and getting more from the same provider can mean lower monthly bills.
What’s good about Sky?
- Sky Sports has exclusive rights to more big matches and sports events
- Sky Cinema gets all the big films before other TV channels and online subscription services
- Sky TV is available almost everywhere
- Sky Q is super comprehensive and packed with features, like fluid viewing
- You can also get just about any and every channel available in the UK
- Sky Broadband is widely available
- Sky line rental is generally among the cheapest charged by big providers in the UK
- Sky Broadband Buddy provides excellent parental controls
What’s bad about Sky?
- Sky TV is expensive - if you want sports you can’t get anywhere else, big films before you can watch them anywhere else and hundreds of channels, it’ll cost you
- If you want Sky TV, you’ll have to have a satellite dish put on your home - there’s no other way of getting it right now
- You need an engineer to install Sky TV for you - you can’t do it yourself
- Sky Broadband has had problems with overcapacity in the past
- Sky Fibre isn’t as widely available as fibre optic broadband from other providers, such as BT