Vodafone is best known as the second largest mobile network in the world… but now it's expanding into the world of home broadband in the UK as well. But are its packages as good as the mobile plans?
Vodafone Connect comes in the form of simple, affordable standard and fibre optic broadband and home phone packages, using BT Openreach and the company's own business fibre network.
To get Vodafone broadband, or get more information about its packages, call 0808 168 7102.
What can I get from Vodafone broadband?
Vodafone broadband is available in three flavours:
- Broadband ADSL - up to 17Mb download speeds
- Superfast Fibre - up to 38Mb download speeds
- Superfast Fibre+ - up to 76Mb download speeds
Broadband packages require Vodafone line rental, so you'll need that included too. But it comes with some nice features, like inclusive evening weekend calls to UK landlines, voicemail, and caller display, with the option to add others such as anytime calls.
Apart from their download speeds, all three packages are basically the same. They all include unlimited downloads, so you can browse and stream as much as you want without worrying about a usage cap; they all have some internet security in the form of a six-month subscription to F-Secure SAFE; and they all have parental controls that you can activate, to block sites you don't want the kids to access.
They also all include a free Vodafone Broadband router - an incredibly smart gadget. It puts your home Wi-Fi completely in your hands, with additional controls through the Vodafone Connect app that you can download to your smartphone or tablet. Its features include:
- Boost, which prioritises one device for a couple of hours - ideal when you're downloading a big file on your laptop, or streaming a HD film on the TV
- Guest network, so you can allow visitors to use the internet without giving them full network access
- Family Time, that disconnects selected devices at 'bedtime'
What's good about Vodafone broadband?
- Packages are affordable, simple, and straightforward
- Fibre optic broadband is superfast, up to 76Mb
- Unlimited downloads on all packages mean you can browse and stream as much as you want
- Evening and weekend calls to UK landlines included with line rental
- Deals, discounts, and introductory offers available for existing Vodafone mobile customers
- Option to save on line rental by paying a year upfront
- Free Vodafone Broadband router, which has some smart tech
What's bad about Vodafone broadband?
- Not very wide availability, especially since it's still quite new
- Because it keeps things simple, there are very few choices of packages
- No broadband-only or landline-only options - can only get a package that has both
- Line rental itself is quite expensive
- Very few extras - there's no cloud storage or email addresses like you'd get with broadband from BT, Virgin Media, or Sky, for instance
To sign up for Vodafone broadband, call 0808 168 7102