TalkTalk offer straightforward TV packages at affordable rates. But you must have one of its broadband or fibre packages to take advantage.
With TalkTalk TV, there’s a smaller number of channels available compared with other providers, but they’re flexible, and include all your favourite catch-up apps.
Our latest TalkTalk TV deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What can I get from TalkTalk TV?
To get TalkTalk TV, you can choose between two boxes: the standard TV box and TV Plus box.
- Standard TV Box: This is a free YouView box with around 80 free-to-air channels, and you can pause and rewind live TV (for up to 30 minutes), and access catch-up or on-demand services (for up to seven days). It’s all fully integrated to the TV interface so it’s very user-friendly. There’s also a free TV2Go app you can download to your phone or tablet that lets you watch on-demand TV - and some live channels - whenever you’re connected to Wi-Fi; and the TalkTalk TV Planner app, so you can set reminders and recordings from anywhere.
- TV Plus box: As its name suggests, TV Plus box has everything in the basic TV package plus a little bit more. The main difference is that with TV Plus is that you get a superior YouView box, which lets you record up to 180 hours of live TV. Lastly, to get the TV Plus box, you’ll need to be subscribed to TalkTalk’ TV Select or Entertainment TV boosts.
Each Boost package includes a bundle of channels - whether it’s a set of entertainment, sports, kids, or movie channels - on a rolling monthly contract that you can add on or cancel whenever you like.
What channels can I get?
For more than the standard freeview channels, you’ll need to add a Boost package - and there are plenty to choose from. Whether you want blockbuster movies or kids TV, the option’s there for a little extra each month.
Each has a super-flexible rolling monthly subscription, so it’s easy to add some on for a month or two - perfect for football season, for example - and cancel anytime if you don’t want them anymore. Available Boost packages include:
- TV Select - included with Plus TV packages as standard. Gives you 13 channels, including Sky One and Sky Witness.
- Entertainment Boost - 30 more entertainment and factual channels, including Comedy Central, Fox, Watch, GOLD, Sky One, Sky Witness and Sky Arts.
- Kids Boost - extra children’s channels, including Disney Channel, Cartoon Network and Nicktoons
- Sky Sports - 10 dedicated Sky Sports channels, covering Premier League football, international cricket, F1 and loads more sports
- Sky Cinema - 11 Sky Cinema channels, showing the latest blockbuster premieres, Hollywood classics, family favourites and tons more
- Asian Boost - gives you Bollywood movies and some of India’s best TV shows
- Box Nation – lets you watch live fights and award winning documentaries
- BT Sport – Every UEFA Champions League, plus a plethora of other sports to choose from
All the basic on-demand services like iPlayer and 4OD are available too, as is Netflix if you have an account - and if you don’t, you can set one up and add the cost to your monthly TalkTalk bill.
What’s good about TalkTalk TV?
- Affordable - TalkTalk’s one of the cheapest TV providers in the UK and provides a good basic service
- It’s simple, with straightforward packages that are easy to get your head around
- Free YouView set-top box with all packages
- Very flexible, with loads of Boosts that let you customise your TV channels month-to-month
- Sky channels are available, such as Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, and Sky 1
- Watch catch-up TV from BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and more directly through the electronic guide
- Lets you change your package at any point - though you'll have to sign a brand new contract
- Can access Netflix through your TV, and include your subscription in your TalkTalk bill if you wish
- TV2Go app is included, letting you watch TV on iOS or Android at no extra cost
- TalkTalk TV Planner app lets you set reminders and manage your recordings on your smartphone
- Deals on Boost packages are often available, letting you save even more money
What’s bad about TalkTalk TV?
- TV is only available as part of a phone and broadband package
- Not as many channels are included (or even available) as Virgin Media, (www.virginmedia.com) and adding a lot of Boosts can drive up your monthly bill
- There are limits - catch-up only goes back seven days, which doesn’t always reflect the online version of the on-demand services, and you can’t record live TV with the basic package
- Not all Boost packages support recording or series link
- TalkTalk has weaker customer service than some providers, according to Ofcom
- Can't get Sky Atlantic, unless it's through the NOW TV app.
- Some users note hidden costs - cancelling before your contract is up incurs a charge for the YouView box, for instance, and since Boost subscriptions are rolling, you’ll get charged for them again too if you don’t cancel in time
What else can I get from TalkTalk?
Have a look at the other services available from TalkTalk: