Combining broadband and home phone - or even broadband, phone and TV - can save you money compared to getting them separately. And you’ll have the convenience of a single bill too. Here’s how to find the best broadband and phone deals.
There’s no shortage of broadband and landline deals around that cater for all types of users - from people who just want the internet for email and Facebook, and use the phone every now and then, to those who binge-watch TV series on Netflix, and talk on the phone for hours.
Our postcode checker and the advice below will make it easy to find your ideal broadband and phone deal.
Broadband and mobile phone
If it’s a mobile phone plan you’re looking for, as opposed to home phone, then you still have bundling options, but not as many.
A few providers offer packages that combine broadband, home phone, TV and a mobile phone plan. These are called 'quad-play' packages.
As it stands, your choice is limited to Virgin Media, BT, Sky, and EE when it comes to quad-play. And bear in mind that for most broadband packages, you'll still need to subscribe to line rental as well.
It's also easy to save money on your mobile phone plan without going quad-play by comparing mobile deals separately. Check out our mobile comparison service to do just that.
Which broadband package is right for me?
The best package for you depends on how many people live in your home and what you use your broadband for. You’ll also need to consider how many landline calls you make and when you make them.
Let’s start with broadband. Here are the main things to consider when comparing packages:
- Speed - The more people in your home, the faster the service you’ll need. Stream a lot of TV and music, download movies or play online games? If so, look for superfast fibre deals. If not, a cheaper standard broadband package will suit you just fine.
- Usage - Streaming TV and downloading movies uses a lot of data. If you, or others in your house, do those things regularly, you need an unlimited package. The good news is that pretty much every provider offers unlimited broadband, and they all let you pair it with home phone as well. Compare unlimited broadband and phone packages here.
- TV - Bundling a TV package with a broadband package is a good way to get more for less. If you want the top channels, compare packages from the big four providers - BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media.
What's the best home phone plan?
the best home phone plan is the one that best meets your needs. Almost all broadband packages include basic line rental. But if you've got a chatty household you might want a little more than that.
Here are the main things to look out for when you’re considering your phone options.
- Inclusive call allowances - If you use the phone a lot, look at packages with inclusive anytime calls. Don’t use your landline? Save cash by getting a package with only evening and weekend calls or just basic line rental. This will work out cheaper.
- Call charges - Before signing up to a package, check the call rates if you’re likely to use your phone. This is one way providers make back the money they lose by offering packages at discounted prices. So keep your wits about you.
- Extras - You can usually get add-ons for cheaper overseas calls, inclusive UK mobile phone calls, and more. These will cost you extra, but could save you money in the long run.
- Calling features - Want anonymous caller reject, call waiting and what not? Some plans come with more features than others, so check which ones you get and how much the other ones cost.
Which providers offer broadband and phone deals?
Every provider offers broadband and phone packages, including BT, Virgin Media, Sky, TalkTalk, EE, Plusnet and Vodafone.
Here’s a snapshot of what each has to offer:
- BT - Get average fibre broadband speeds of 67Mbps, with lots of home phone and calls options to choose from
- Virgin Media - Bundles together superfast fibre broadband with unlimited anytime calls.
- Sky - Lets you bundle a landline with fibre and standard broadband, as well as pay TV.
- TalkTalk - Offers low prices that are locked in for your whole contract, average broadband speeds of 63Mbps, and home phone upgrades.
- EE - Average broadband speeds of 67Mbps, and loads of options for your home phone.
- Plusnet - Expect average speeds of 66Mbps and broadband that's a bargain when bundled with a phone line.
- Vodafone - Speedy fibre optic broadband and an extensive selection of calls add-ons.
To find out which providers are available in your area, enter your details in the postcode checker below:
Compare broadband deals in your area
What's the cheapest broadband and phone deal?
To find the cheapest deal, enter your postcode into our comparison tool, select what you want from the filters, and sort the grid by first-year cost.
We'll show you the cheapest deals in your area that’ll get you everything you're looking for.
Tips for finding cheap broadband
- Some providers are known for offering cheap and budget-friendly broadband. If you're watching the pennies, take a look at deals from TalkTalk, Plusnet, Vodafone, and Post Office Broadband.
- Some services are cheaper than others. Standard broadband is cheaper than fibre, for instance, and a package with pay-as-you-use calls is cheaper than one with anytime calls. But it's not always worth the sacrifice if you really do need a fast service or make a lot of landline calls.
- Look out for special limited-time offers - we call these out in our postcode checker so you can spot them straight away
- Check out our broadband deals with cashback and deals with free gifts