EE offers speedy broadband at prices that won’t break the bank, as well as TV and free data for mobile phone customers who sign up for broadband too. Read on, as we take a closer look.
What can I get from EE broadband?
EE offers standard broadband, superfast broadband and ultrafast packages, all of which compare well to correspondingly priced packages with similar speeds from rivals and are available on minimum 18-month contract terms.
Here's a breakdown of what each has got to offer:
- Standard Broadband - 10Mbps average speed. A standard ADSL connection that's ideal for anyone who lives alone or with one other person and is fast enough for browsing and watching EE TV.
- Fibre Broadband - 36Mbps average speed. Superfast fibre optic broadband that lets you stream video, download files quickly, and connect lots of devices at once.
- Fibre Plus Broadband - 67Mbps average speed. Ideal for a large family home or shared accommodation, full of people who are regularly online simultaneously.
- Fibre Max 1 Broadband - 145Mbps average speed. Tailored towards households that stream or download all their TV in 4K or HD and wants an optimal online gaming experience.
- Fibre Max 2 Broadband - 300Mbps average speed. Top of the range product for a seamless service in the busiest households.
All packages come with unlimited downloads, so you can browse and stream as much as you want without hitting a usage cap.
They all come with a router, too. With Standard Broadband, you'll get an EE Bright Box with ADSL. But if you choose any fibre deal, you'll get the more powerful EE Smart Hub.
You’ll also get EE line rental included too, which you can upgrade to a proper home phone package. Here your options are:
- Line rental only - The standard line rental from EE, with pay-as-you-use calls at standard rates.
- Anytime calls to landlines - Adds anytime calls to UK landlines.
- Anytime calls to landlines and mobiles - Adds anytime calls to UK landlines, and 1500 minutes to UK mobiles.
- Anytime UK and international calls - Adds anytime calls to UK landlines, 1500 minutes to UK mobiles, anytime calls to landlines in 50 select countries, and a discount to landlines in the rest of the world
All EE line rental options include a few calling features, such as voicemail. You can sign up for Call Plus too, which adds call divert, three-way calling, and anonymous call rejection.
Whatever broadband and landline options you choose, a few extras are thrown in as well. There’s the chance to win tickets to events at Wembley Stadium - and up to £50 to help with early termination fees from your current provider if you’re switching.
If you've got a pay-monthly EE plan on your mobile too, taking out broadband will get you an extra 5GB on your data allowance each month when you sign up for Standard Broadband, Fibre Broadband or Fibre Plus Broadband.
Sign up for Fibre Max 1 Broadband or Fibre Max 2 Broadband and you'll get an extra 20GB per month.
EE TV deals
Broadband customers can also get EE TV. This includes an Apple TV 4K set top box, which lets you stream content on demand and catch-up on shows you've missed on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4.
You can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime too and get BT Sport with the BT Sport Ultimate add-on for an extra £5 per month.
EE mobile phone and mobile broadband
EE offers a huge range of mobile services. There are SIM-only deals, pay as you go plans, data-only SIMs for tablets, and of course a broad selection of handsets to choose from - including some of the latest flagships like iPhones and Samsung Galaxies.
EE is the UK's fastest network for 4G and offers the widest coverage too. Its 5G coverage is also growing fast and at the time of writing covered 50 towns and cities.
What’s good about EE broadband?
- Prices are affordable, with line rental some of the best value around
- Superfast fibre optic available - perfect for shared households and heavy users
- Lots of home phone options, including inclusive anytime calls and cheap international rates
- Apple 4K TV is an excellent and easy to use set top box
- Extra, free monthly mobile data when you take out broadband
- Unlimited downloads on all broadband packages
- Bright Box or Smart Hub are decent routers
- Regularly has good deals, including seasonal offers like Black Friday
- Internet security included in the form of a one-year Norton trial
What’s bad about EE broadband?
- Fibre optic broadband has limited availability - use our postcode checker to see if you can get it in your area
- No broadband-only or landline-only packages - broadband-with-landline is the only thing available
- Even faster broadband available from other providers, such as Virgin Media
- Basic line rental doesn't include any calls
See our full EE broadband review for more.
EE broadband deals in April 2021
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
Can I get EE broadband?
EE's broadband service is widely available. But the only way to make sure if you get it at your address is to use your postcode checker.
Just insert your postcode below and we'll show you the providers on offer at your location.
Compare broadband deals in your area
Do you need a landline for EE broadband?
All EE standard broadband and fibre broadband require a landline, for which you'll have to pay line rental.
However, because EE offer charges you for calls on a pay as you go basis (unless you sign up for a calls package), you won't have to pay for calls if you don't use your home phone.
Providers like EE
Take a look at our guides to other broadband, home phone, and TV services as well, and compare all your options: