Is Relish broadband any good?
London-based Relish wants to revolutionise broadband. Instead of connecting to your phone lines, its internet works entirely through 4G, like the data on your smartphone. It owns and maintains its own network, giving you some of the speediest wireless broadband around - and there’s no need to pay for line rental or commit to a long contract. Here’s what it has to offer.
What can I get from Relish?
Relish offers two home broadband packages:
- 1 month rolling contract
- 12 month contract, with a free router
Besides their contract length - and whether you pay for the router - both are otherwise identical. You’ll get truly unlimited downloads, and 20Mb average download speeds in Central London. Since it’s 4G, the exact speed you get will depend on your area, as well as things like the strength of the signal in your home.
The cool thing about wireless broadband is that you don’t need an engineer to install it. All you have to do is order your router, wait for it to arrive, then plug it in and set it up - and boom, you’re connected.
It also means you can take it with you if you move house, so long as your new home is covered by Relish’s network as well.
Bear in mind, however, that Relish's network is limited to central London and Swindon. Use the postcode checker at the side of this page to see if it's available where you live.
What’s good about Relish?
- Uses 4G, so you can plug the router in and use it straight away
- Wireless, so it’s suitable for places that can’t get good wired internet
- Completely broadband-only packages, with no need for line rental
- One-month rolling contracts available
- Truly unlimited downloads with no usage cap
- Average download speeds of up to 20Mb in London and 24Mb in Swindon - better than some fibre optic connections
- Mobile broadband deals available, including combined bundles with home broadband
What’s bad about Relish?
- Very limited availability - Relish’s network is only in central London and Swindon, so use our postcode checker to find out if you can get it in your area
- Wireless broadband isn’t as reliable as a wired connection, with speeds likely to fluctuate
- Not very good value if you do want line rental
- Not the fastest internet around - most fibre broadband providers, including BT Superfast Fibre, TalkTalk fibre, and Sky fibre, have packages with speeds of up to 76Mb
More broadband providers
Want to compare all your options, and read about some fixed-line providers too? Have a read of our guides to other broadband providers too: