If there’s one thing Sheffield's Plusnet (www.plus.net) does best, it’s affordable, straightforward phone and broadband packages.
Owned by BT but operated independently, its home phone options are very easy to understand - and they come with a few noteworthy features too. Let’s take a look at .
What can I get with Plusnet phone?
The main phone packages are:
- Pay as you go - The basic line rental package with standard broadband bundles.
- Evenings and Weekends - Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles in the evenings (7am-7pm) as well as at weekends.
- Unlimited - Upgrade to add anytime calls to UK landlines and mobiles, 24/7.
- Anytime International - Add 300 anytime minutes each month to 35 international destinations, including the USA, India, France, and Australia, as well as anytime calls to UK landlines.
The weekend and evening calls include numbers beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845, and 0870, though some exceptions apply.
And watch out - calls that last over an hour become chargeable, so remember to hang up at the 59-minute mark and phone back.
All phone packages include free calls to other Plusnet landlines, and you’ve also got the option to add 100 anytime minutes to UK mobiles.
A range of calling features are included as standard too. They are:
- Call return 1471
- Withhold number 141
- Voicemail 1571
As well as those, there are extra features you can add onto your monthly bill. These are:
- Caller display
- Reminder call (unlimited use)
- Call waiting
- Call divert
- Call reminder
- Ring back
- Voicemail Extra (for additional settings, such as the ability to check your messages from any phone or get SMS alerts)
- Anonymous call reject
To save even more money, Plusnet also offers call feature bundles, in which you can add up to five of those features into a single handy package for a reduced price. However, note that Voicemail Extra and Anonymous call reject can’t be included in a bundle.
All the calling features - and feature bundles - can be added or removed whenever you want, though it usually takes a day or two for them to go live.
What’s good about Plusnet phone?
- Specialises in affordable, easy-to-understand packages, with some of the cheapest line rental in the UK
- Can add inclusive weekend and evening calls or anytime calls
- Anytime International gives you cheaper international calls
- Top-notch reputation for customer service, backed up by Ofcom
- Including line rental in your package gives you a discount on broadband, along with free activation and installation
What’s bad about Plusnet phone?
- Only available as part of a bundle with broadband. You can’t get a landline-only deal
- Full fibre not available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if your area can get it
- Not many extras, since Plusnet is committed to keeping things simple
- Calling features are limited compared to some providers, such as BT
- Number of mobile minutes you can add is limited
Our latest Plusnet landline deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What else does Plusnet do?
Read up on everything you can get from Plusnet - and compare the latest deals - in our guides: