Post Office home phone - what can I get?
Want a home phone package that’s as easy and straightforward as mailing a letter? Take a look at what Post Office has to offer. Its landline package is cheap, simple, and accessible - and you’ve got the option to bundle it in with broadband that’s just as cheap, simple, and accessible as well.
What can I get from Post Office home phone?
Named HomePhone, Post Office’s landline package offers some of the best value line rental in the country with a few extras thrown in on top.
All customers will get free weekend calls to UK landlines, though that can be upgraded if you want more. Upgrades include:
- Evening and Weekend calls - inclusive calls to UK landlines in the evenings and weekends; weekend calls to UK mobiles; and weekend calls to landlines in 40 international locations
- Anytime calls - inclusive calls to UK landlines at any time; weekend calls to UK mobiles; and weekend calls to landlines in 40 international locations
- Mobile 100 and Mobile 500 - pre-paid minutes to UK mobiles to use on any day at any time
- International Saver - inclusive anytime calls to landlines in 40 top countries.
The ’40 top international destinations’ covers the likes of France, Ireland, Australia, the USA, and more.
A range of calling features are available to opt into free of charge too. These include call barring, voicemail, hide my number, and display caller number. More are available for an extra fee each month - such as incoming call alerts and ‘select to reject’.
To see if HomePhone from Post Office is available where you are, use our postcode checker to have a look at your options.
What’s good about Post Office home phone?
- Some of the cheapest line rental around
- Wide availability - but remember to use our postcode checker to check you can get it in your area
- Option to save money by paying 12 months’ line rental upfront
- Available as either a landline-only package, or bundled in with broadband
- Free weekend calls to UK landlines with the option to upgrade to more
- Can add cheap calls to mobiles or international numbers
What’s bad about Post Office home phone?
- Not as many calling features as some providers offer
- Extra calling features, like call divert, are expensive to add
- Only 40 countries included in international calls, even with International Saver