An offshoot of business broadband specialist Onecom, Hampshire based ISP Onestream offers a decent selection of broadband and call packages, at relatively competitive prices.
Unlike some providers, Onestream doesn’t rely on the artificial allure of freebies or rewards, but rather, on some eye-wateringly cheap deals and no nonsense phone and broadband packages.
Here’s everything it has to offer:
What does Onestream do?
In a nutshell, Onestream is an Internet Service Provider (ISP). And, like the majority of Internet Service Providers in the UK, it offers a decent selection of four broadband packages.
Despite its relative infancy, its already making a name for itself as an alternative to popular providers like BT, Sky and TalkTalk. You see, unlike the aforementioned providers, it doesn’t come with much in the way of bells and whistles - no cool extras or perks - but for those looking for a good deal, that might nor matter.
To be honest, though, its packages don’t work out much cheaper than the big four providers. However, it does offer some seriously competitive deals occasionally that are worth keeping an eye out for.
What broadband packages does Onestream offer?
As we say, with four basic broadband packages to choose from, Onestream is pretty similar to the majority of providers in the UK. One, a standard ADSL setup that uses copper wire, and the others are fibre optic packages that use a combination of copper and fibre wires.
In terms of speeds, its fibre packages offer similar speeds to other providers. Before you choose a package, though, have a think about how you use the internet. For example, if you only watch Netflix occasionally, or surf the web, an unlimited package will probably be ideal for you.
- Onestream Flow Unlimited Broadband - offers an average download speed of 11Mps. Contract lasts 12-months.
- Jetsream Fibre Unlimited Broadband - average download speeds of 35Mbps, included line rental. Contract lasts 12-months.
- Xstream Superfibre Unlimited Broadband - average download speeds of 63Mbps, includes line rental. Contract lasts 12-months.
As you can see, all contracts last 12 months, which is pretty convenient. Moreover, all call packages are on a rolling contract, which means you can chop and change your package each month if you want to.
Even better, because Onestream uses the same infrastructure as BT, you won’t have to let your current provider know you’ll be switching - Onestream will handle all of that for you.
In addition, each package comes with one of Onestream’s free super-duper router, though you will have to pay a £9.99 secure delivery charge to get it.
What call packages does Onestream offer?
Like it’s broadband packages, Onestream’s call plans are simple and straight forward.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Onestream Uptime - gives you free calls to standard UK landlines all day.
- Onestream Downtime - gives you free calls to UK landlines during weekday evenings and all day on weekends.
- Onestream World - offers overseas calls to eighteen destinations for 2.5 pence per mi-nute.
- Onestream Life - this is the big one; it gives you free calls to standard UK landlines and calls to over eighteen destinations for just 2.5 pence per minute. Calls to UK mobiles cost 2.5 pence per minute.
- Onestream Move - gives you calls to any UK mobile for 2.5 pence per minute.
Inclusive calls last for sixty minutes so, if you like to chat, remember to hang up before those minutes are up to avoid additional charges.
The International locations included in Onestream World are Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sin-gapore, Spain, Sweden and USA.
What’s good about Onestream?
- Free line rental with broadband and call packages
- Offers some great deals on its packages
- Good range of packages
- Offers a FREE super-duper router
- Unlimited downloads on all broadband packages
- Plenty of home phone offers
What’s bad about Onestream?
- No cashback rewards
- Standard pricing is a little pricey