Let’s face it, choosing a phone and broadband package for your home can be a bit of a headache. And even the most basic packages can leave you seriously out of pocket. Fortunately, TalkTalk - a steadfast old timer of the provider world - likes to keep things simple and affordable.
TalkTalk broadband packages
What’s so great about TalkTalk? Well, for starters, its broadband is one of the cheapest in the country. Indeed, their unlimited usage allowance - combined with super-fast speeds - means you really do get a lot for your buck.
Plus, it promises a fixed price for the duration of your contract and line rental is included in the overall cost. What more could you ask for?
Here’s a snapshot of what's available:
- Fast Broadband - The only downside to ADSL broadband is, for some, it’s not quite fast enough. But with speeds of up to 17Mb, it’s more than sufficient for casual internet users and anyone who streams the odd programme on demand.
- Fibre 35 broadband - Like Fast Broadband, Fibre 35 is totally unlimited but offers speeds of up to 38Mbps. That’s plenty fast enough to support several different devices at once, as well as stream on different devices too.
- Fibre 65 and Fibre 150 - With average speeds of 67Mbps and 145Mbps respectively, Fibre 65 and Fibre 150 are ideal for busy family homes or shared households.
TalkTalk’s phone packages
Since TalkTalk uses BT’s Openreach network, its phone plans are available across most of the UK, so you should be able to sign up no matter where you are in the country. Moreover, it’s one of the few providers who cover mobile phones in its inclusive calls.
Indeed, much like its broadband, TalkTalk’s phone plans are great value for money, and boosts can be added to your chosen plan as and when you want.
Here’s a list of TalkTalk’s phone plans:
- Unlimited UK Calls - Unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles. It’s worth mentioning, though, that after 60 minutes you will be charged for the call so remember to hang up and call back.
- International Saver - This package offers a discount rate on calls to loads of different international destinations.
- International Extra - With International call extra, you’ll get 1000 inclusive minutes per month to landlines in 50 countries.
- International Max - Like International Extra but calls to mobiles are also included. This is the package you want if you have relatives overseas.
Unfortunately, you can only get TalkTalk line rental when you take out one of the above packages. To find out if TalkTalk is available in your area, pop your details into our postcode checker.
Our latest TalkTalk broadband & landline deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.