Find out when the Huawei P30 will be released, what specs and features the handset has to offer, and compare the best deals with no upfront cost.
Famed for its low-priced, premium smartphones, Chinese telecom giant Huawei has posed a real threat to big hitters like Apple and Samsung in recent years. Imagine our excitement, then, when its latest handset dropped in March.
Let’s take a look:
In terms of size, the phone’s display clocks in at around 6.1 inches - the same as the P20 Pro. Big enough, then, to enjoy films and TV shows on its OLED panel, and play games in super-sharp pixel density.
With five colour options to choose from including Black, Aurora, White, Breathing Crystal and Amber Sunset along with a curved display, teardrop notch, and tiny bezels, the P30 is certainly easy on the eye.
Fingerprint recognition has been added under the home screen, too. This means you can unlock the phone more easily, with just a touch of your finger thanks to Huawei’s latest cutting-edge technology.
Specs and features
As we say, Huawei has proved it can match industry giants Apple and Samsung, especially on the tech front.
Here’s what its crammed into the P30:
- Processor - impressively, the P30 contains Huawei’s most powerful chip-set to date under its glossy shell - the Kirin 980.
- Battery - the P30 will also rocks an impressive 3,400mAh battery. This should provide enough power to last the whole day.
- Camera - one of the main strengths of the Huawei P30 is its superior camera set-up, which consists of four, triple-lens snappers; a 40MP, 16MP and 8MP sit vertically at the back of the handset, and you'll find a a 24MP selfie camera at the front.
- Storage - the P30 doesn't disappoint on the storage front with 128GB of storage and betwene 6GB and 12GB of RAM.
- Sonos One speaker - Huawei will offer a free Sonos One speaker to anyone who pre-orders the P30.
The P30 costs £699, though you'll likely find a cheaper deal if you browse around. Alternatively, why not take a look at some older Huawei handsets?
Huawei officially unveiled the P30 in Paris on March 26, and the phone is available to pre-order right now.
We have to say, we’re really impressed with the P30.
Like its predecessor, the phone doesn’t simply rely on phony allure - it has all the cutting-edge tech under its glossy look, too. Plus, like previous handsets from Huawei, the P30 won’t leave you as out of pocket as a new Samsung Galaxy or Apple iPhone, either.
All that said, if you’re not too bothered about owning the latest handset, the announcement of a new flagship can mean some fantastic deals on older phones too, like the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and P20 Pro series.
|Release Date||13/03/2019 00:00:00|
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Form Factor||Candy Bar|
|Size||71.4mm x 7.6mm x 149.1mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Display Size||6.1 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||422 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||Octa Core Cores|
|External Storage||Micro SD|
|Primary Camera||40 MP|
|2nd Camera||32 MP|