BT broadband deals require you to sign up for a landline too. But what are you getting for your outlay? Here's a comprehensive look at what BT's got to offer.
BT phone and broadband packages
All BT broadband and home phone deals require you to sign up for 24 months and include landline rental and pay-as-you-go calls.
- BT Broadband Unlimited - With average speeds of 10Mbps, BT’s unlimited broadband is ideal if you’re looking for a basic internet connection. Apt for people who live alone or with one other person.
- BT Fibre Essential - BT's entry-level fibre broadband deal offers average speeds of 36Mbps and unlimited usage. Includes a Home Hub and is suitable for homes with 3-4 people.
- Superfast Fibre 1 - Teams average speeds of 50Mbps with unlimited usage. Plus, you’ll also get weekend and evening calls, a Home Hub and 200GB of free cloud storage. A good package for busy family homes or students in a house share.
- Superfast Fibre 2 - Provides average speeds of up to 67Mbps as well as 1000GB worth of cloud storage and a Smart Hub. For gamers or anyone who wants to stream movies in HD, it’s a great choice.
- Fibre 100 and Fibre 250 - These packages offer average speeds of 145Mbps and 300Mbps respectively. Ideal for very busy households and serious online gamers who'll do anything for an advantage.
- BT Full Fibre packages. These are a range of ultrafast products that get you speed of up to 1000Mbps. The catch is that they're not widely available and you'll only be able to sign up if you're in certain areas.
Our latest BT broadband & landline deals
What call packages do BT offer?
BT broadband and phone packages offer pay as you go calls as standard, which are charged at 20p per minute.
The good thing about that is that you need only pay for the calls you make, as well as your landline rental.
But there are a range of add-ons to choose from, if you're intending to use your landline phone regularly. These are:
- 700 minutes - bags you 700 minutes a month for anytime calls to any UK landline number or UK mobile.
- Unlimited minutes - make as many calls as you like to UK landlines or UK mobiles. No time of day restrictions.
- Friends & Family International - offers cut-price calls to 236 international destinations.
- International Freedom - Free calls to popular international destinations and cut price calls to the rest of the world.
All BT phone and broadband deals include Call Protect, which shields you from nuisance calls, and Caller Display, which shows you who is calling you, free of charge.
BT Business Broadband
If you own your own business, a reliable broadband connection is absolutely crucial.
And, fortunately, BT has loads of options to choose from when it comes to finding the best packages, including unlimited data, 24/7 broadband support and a great choice of call packages.
Popular broadband packages
How much is a BT phone line?
Line rental is included in the monthly priced when you sign up for any BT broadband and phone bundle. If you're signing up for a BT landline without broadband, expect to pay a shade over £20 per month (figure correct as of June 2020).
Do I need a phone line to get BT broadband?
Yes, all BT broadband packages require you to take a landline.
Is voicemail included with BT broadband and phone plans?
You can add 1571 Voicemail to your BT package for an extra charge. This allows you to redirect calls to voicemail and set time designations during which all calls with go to voicemail.
Will it cost me to have a BT phone line installed or reconnected?
That depends on the package. BT waives charges for customers signing up for a BT fibre and phone packages who require a phone line to be installed or reconnected. However, a charge of £30 applies for customers signing up for a standard broadband and home phone deal.