BT broadband deals require you to sign up for a landline too. But what are you getting for your outlay? Here's a comprehensive look at what BT's got to offer.
BT broadband and home phone packages
All BT broadband and home phone deals require you to sign up for 24 months and include landline rental and pay-as-you-go calls.
- BT Broadband Unlimited - With average speeds of 10Mbps, BT’s unlimited broadband is ideal if you’re looking for a basic internet connection. Apt for people who live alone or with one other person.
- BT Fibre Essential - BT's entry-level fibre broadband deal offers average speeds of 36Mbps and unlimited usage. Includes a Home Hub and is suitable for homes with 3-4 people.
- Full Fibre 1 - Teams average speeds of 50Mbps with unlimited usage. A good package for busy family homes or students in a house share.
- Full Fibre 2 - Provides average speeds of 74Mbps as well. For gamers or anyone who wants to stream movies in HD, it’s a great choice.
- Full Fibre 100, 500, 900 - These are a range of ultrafast products that get you speed of up to 1000Mbps. The catch is that they're not widely available and you'll only be able to sign up if you're in certain areas.
Our latest BT broadband & landline deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What can I get from a BT phone line?
BT offers a few basic home phone deals to choose from, all of which include BT Caller Protect, 1471, and Caller Display free of charge.
Onto that, you can get more add-ons. That includes extra minutes, international minutes, and more calling features.
It’s also one of a few providers to offer multiple phone lines at the same property.
Plus, you can buy the home phone itself from the BT shop when you sign up to a deal that includes a landline.
What call packages do BT offer?
BT broadband and phone packages offer pay as you go calls as standard, which are charged at 20p per minute.
The good thing about that is that you need only pay for the calls you make, as well as your landline rental.
But there are upgrades and add-ons to choose from, if you're intending to use your landline phone regularly. These are:
- 700 minutes - bags you 700 minutes a month for anytime calls to any UK landline number or UK mobile.
- Unlimited minutes - make as many calls as you like to UK landlines or UK mobiles. No time of day restrictions.
All BT phone and broadband deals include Call Protect, which shields you from nuisance calls, and Caller Display, which shows you who is calling you, free of charge.
BT phone line rental on its own
Don’t need broadband, but do still want a phone line? That’s an option too.
You’ll have all the same options as we’ve listed above, and if you change your mind you can upgrade your package to a broadband or TV bundle any time too.
Just bear in mind that there may be a connection fee. Connecting a line is usually free with a BT broadband or TV package, but it’ll cost you if you’re going for a landline-only plan.
BT Business Broadband
If you own your own business, a reliable broadband connection is absolutely crucial.
And, fortunately, BT has loads of options to choose from when it comes to finding the best packages, including unlimited data, 24/7 broadband support and a great choice of call packages.
Popular broadband packages
How much is a BT phone line?
Line rental is included in the monthly priced when you sign up for any BT broadband and phone bundle. If you're signing up for a BT landline without broadband, expect to pay a shade over £20 per month (figure correct as of June 2020).
Do I need a phone line to get BT broadband?
Yes, all BT broadband packages require you to take a landline.
Is voicemail included with BT broadband and phone plans?
You can add 1571 Voicemail to your BT package for an extra charge. This allows you to redirect calls to voicemail and set time designations during which all calls with go to voicemail.
Will it cost me to have a BT phone line installed or reconnected?
That depends on the package. BT waives charges for customers signing up for a BT fibre and phone packages who require a phone line to be installed or reconnected. However, a charge of £30 applies for customers signing up for a standard broadband and home phone deal.