When it's not showcasing hit TV shows like Game of Thrones, Sky is putting all its efforts into creating top broadband and phone package deals. And, as it turns out, it’s pretty darn good at it.
On the page below, we’ll give you the lowdown on what Sky Broadband and phone packages have to offer and show you how to nab the best deals.
Sky broadband packages
One thing that sets Sky apart from the competition is that they usually offer some great perks with their packages.
So, whether you only use the internet to check emails, download music or stream films from Netflix or Amazon, you should find something that suits you from the options below:
- Sky Broadband Unlimited - Let’s face it, a lot of people don’t need the extra megabits that come with super-fast fibre packages. To that end, a standard, ADSL broadband is just fine for a lot of folk, and Sky’s Broadband Unlimited comes with an average speed of 11 Mb. Plus, it’s ample for catch-up TV and a lot cheaper than fibreoptic broadband.
Sky Fibre Unlimited - Sky Fibre Unlimited offers 36Mbs and is perfect if you're part of a large family who use several different devices at once.
- Sky Fibre Max - For those who like to download the odd box set or nine from Netflix or Amazon, Sky Fibre Max can reach average speeds of up to an impressive 63Mb, which is super quick! Plus, you’ll also get unlimited usage and the price of line rental is included. Moreover, Sky guarantee that if your minimum download speed falls below your minimum access download speed during your first thirty days, you’ll get your money back.
Before you choose a package, think about how many hours a day you spend on the internet and how many devices you or your family have on-the-go at once. Downloading movies from Netflix or streaming music, for example, requires quite a bit of data so, in this case, a fibre package will be the best option for you.
For extra peace of mind, we recommend taking out a package with unlimited usage to make sure you don’t get any nasty charges at the end of the month. Most of Sky’s broadband contracts last 18 months and, like a lot of providers, Sky will charge you for line rental.
If you’d like any extra help on picking a broadband package, check out our guide, here.
Sky Talk packages
Like BT, Sky runs on the Openreach network for its broadband and talk packages, which means it’s widely available throughout the UK.
Whether you’re after a call package to keep in touch with relatives overseas, or you simply want the cheapest package to tag on to your broadband, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for from the options below:
- Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra - Includes inclusive calls to UK landlines and, it’s pretty decent value for money.
- Sky Talk Anytime Extra - With Sky’s anytime extra package, customers can get inclusive calls to UK landlines 24/7, and international calls are charged at 2p per minute to 22 different countries.
- Sky Talk International Extra -With this package, you’ll receive calls to landlines in 50 plus destinations, as well as anytime calls to UK landlines.