Sky offers standard, superfast and ultrafast fibre broadband, as well as guaranteed speeds and unlimited usage. And there's an extensive range of calls packages too. Read on as we take a closer look...
This week's best provider deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
Sky broadband and phone packages
Sky offers three broadband packages. All three include a phone line with pay as you go calls as standard, with the option to add a calls package for an extra monthly charge.
Choose either of Sky's fibre packages and you'll get Sky's Speed Guarantee, more of which later.
Your options are:
- Sky Broadband Essential - Sky's cheapest package gets you a standard broadband service with an average speed of 11 Mbps and unlimited usage. It's best suited to people who live alone or with one other person.
- Sky Broadband Superfast - Sky's widely available superfast fibre service features average speeds of 59Mbps, unlimited usage and offers guaranteed speeds or your money back. It's ideal for large families or multiple-occupancy shared homes.
- Sky Broadband Ultrafast - Top-of-the-range service with average speeds of 145Mbps and unlimited usage. The catch is that it's less widely available than Sky's superfast service. A good bet for online gamers.
Sky Talk packages
As indicated above, when you sign up for Sky broadband and phone packages you get pay as you go calls. That means you only pay for the calls you make, which is good news if you don't really use your landline.
However, if you think you'll be making calls regularly or you'll be calling abroad, you'll want to add a calls package. Your options are:
- Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra - Gets you inclusive calls to UK landlines at evenings and weekends and at the time of writing was priced £5 per month (June 2020). 18-month contract required
- Sky Talk Anytime Extra - Features inclusive calls to UK landlines 24/7, and international calls at 2p per minute to 22 different countries. 18-month contract required.
- Sky Talk International Extra -With this package, you’ll receive inclusive calls to landlines in over 50 destinations as well as anytime calls to UK landlines. 18-month contract required.
Sky Broadband Boost
Available for an extra monthly charge, Sky Broadband Boost is an add-on that improves the quality of your service with the latest Sky Broadband Hub and a guarantee of decent WiFi signal in every room. It also includes:
- Easier-to-book engineer visits to fix faults, for no extra charge
- Daily line checks to monitor the quality of your service
- Sky Broadband Buddy app, which allows you to apply extensive parental controls from your smartphone or tablet
Keen to find out more about Sky Broadband Buddy? Read our one-stop guide.
Can I get a Sky landline without broadband?
You can. Sky landline-only deals start at £18.99 per month (as of June 2020), which includes line rental and pay as you go calls. You can, of course, add a Sky Talk calls package for an extra monthly charge.
Sold on a Sky landline? Find out more and take a look at a selection of Sky Talk calls packages.
Can I get Sky broadband without a landline?
No, all Sky broadband packages, whether they're standard broadband, superfast fibre or ultrafast, require you to take a landline too.
Don't want a home phone? Take a look at our pick of best broadband only deals.
What is Sky Pay as You Talk?
As its name suggests, Pay as You Talk means you'll only pay for the calls you make. So it's just another way of saying pay as you go. All Sky broadband and phone bundles feature Pay as You Talk calls as standard, with the option to add a calls package for an additional monthly charge.
What is Sky's Speed Guarantee?
Exclusive to Sky's fibre broadband deals, the Speed Guarantee is Sky's pledge that entitles you to money back if your speed dips below the Guaranteed Minimum Download Speed that you were told when you signed up.
Under the terms of the guarantee, you'll qualify if your speeds dip below the minimum for three consecutive days in a 30-day period.