Unveiled in September 2016, the Apple iPhone X (pronounced 'ten') was quite the flagship to behold. With a look totally different from all iPhones before it, and some powerful innards to boot, it's a great piece of tech. Here's how to find a deal on this excellent smartphone.
How to compare iPhone X deals
Use our mobile comparison tool to compare contract deals on the iPhone X and find the one for you. Choose what you want from your plan - whether that's a big allowance, costs within your budget, a particular network, or something else - using the filters at the side of the page.
Then, you can sort the results by cost, data allowance, and more, or just take a look at our top picks. We'll show you the best deals right at the top.
All you need to do next is pick a deal, and click through to sign up and get your new phone.
What is the iPhone X like?
The X model stunned the world when Apple revealed it - it was a bit of a departure from phones like the iPhone 7 and 8, with a complete new look and some unique features.
The screen on the iPhone X is bigger and better than all the previous iPhones. It measures a huge 5.8 inches, spreading right to the edges of the phone with practically no bezel, and is AMOLED with a 1125 x 2436 pixel resolution. In other words, it's incredibly bright and clear.
The camera on the back of the phone is impressive too. It has dual 12MP lenses, one of which is a telephoto lens, and means you get 2x optical zoom and the ability to use iOS 11's special Portrait Mode when you take a picture of someone. On the front, meanwhile, is a 7MP True Depth selfie camera, also used for Apple's Face ID.
The iPhone X is speedy and powerful, rocking a hexa-core Apple A11 chip and 3GB of RAM to run it. That means you can flip between tasks without a hitch and run apps smoothly.
The 2716mAh battery is large enough to power the phone and last a full day. It's even capable of wireless charging if you splash out on a charging pad.
That's not all you get with the iPhone X. The phone also has:
- Face ID - facial recognition security for unlocking your phone and making payments
- Stunning design - the screen stretches to edges of the front of the phone and there's no home button
- Wireless charging - and fast charging with right cable
- Up to 256GB internal memory
iPhone X pay monthly contracts
There are plenty of contracts on the iPhone X to choose from, since Apple's phones are always rather popular. When you're picking the one for you, remember to think about the following.
- Network: iPhone contracts, including those on the iPhone X, are available on tons of networks. EE, O2, Three, and Vodafone are bigger networks with more benefits, but tend to cost more; while smaller networks like giffgaff and iD Mobile are cheaper with fewer bells and whistles. Some, like BT Mobile and Sky Mobile, have special deals for existing customers.
- Allowance: Tariffs and allowances on iPhone X contracts run from tiny to humungous. Lighter users will be happy with 500MB data and a thousand or so minutes, while power users may want unlimited data, perhaps with unlimited calls and texts too. Most of us, however, will prefer a happy medium.
- Budget: You can filter all the deals above by price, both by the monthly cost of the plan and what you need to pay upfront. Think about whether you'd rather spend more today and enjoy cheaper bills, or grab an iPhone deal with no upfront cost.
What's the best price on an iPhone X contract?
To find the iPhone X contract with the best price for you, just choose the criteria you want from a deal in the table above and sort it by cost.
There are a few ways to keep prices low if you're on a budget. Take a look at deals through resellers like Carphone Warehouse and BuyMobiles, which buy phones in bulk and sell them on at low prices, or ones from smaller networks and MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators) like giffgaff.
Refurbished phones cost much less too, if you don't mind getting a previously owned handset.
What's good about the iPhone X?
- Fantastic design
- Screen is bigger and more high-res than most iPhones
- Amazing cameras
- Water and dust resistant
What's bad about the iPhone X?
- No headphone jack
- No fingerprint sensor / Touch ID
iPhone X specs
|Release Date||01/09/2017 00:00:00|
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Size||70.9mm x 7.7mm x 143.6mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Display Size||5.8 inches|
|Screen Type||Super AMOLED|
|Resolution||1125 x 2436 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||458 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||6 Cores Cores|
|Internal Storage||64, 256|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|2nd Camera||7 MP|