Apple's remarkable 2016 phone, the iPhone SE, cleverly packs the guts of an iPhone 6s into the body of an iPhone 5 to make a perfectly balanced - and perfectly palm-sized - mobile phone.
Want one? We don't blame you. Read on for everything you need to know about finding an iPhone SE contract deal.
How to choose an iPhone SE deal
The best way to find the iPhone SE deal for you is to compare all your options - using our amazing comparison tool, of course.
Use the toggles on the left to filter the deals, and we'll only show you ones that suit you and your cellular needs. Then you can sort them by cost, or by other factors like data allowance if you prefer.
Finally, select a deal that looks good, and you'll be zipped off to the provider's website so you can sign up straight away. Grabbing the perfect iPhone deal couldn't be easier.
What's the iPhone SE like?
Anyone who likes to operate their mobile with just one hand will be pleased, as the iPhone SE's display is nice and small at just four inches. That's a resolution of 640 x 1139 pixels - if you're hoping for something more HD, you'll need a bigger and newer iPhone, such as the iPhone 7.
The camera on the iPhone SE is excellent for a phone this size - and at this price. The rear lens is 12MP, and comes with dual-tone flash and fast-acting autofocus to make sure your photos are always fantastic. On the front, meanwhile, is a 1.2MP selfie camera.
The processors in the SE are exactly the same as what you'll find in the bigger (and more expensive) iPhone 6s - a dual-core Apple A9 chip, with an M9 coprocessor and 2GB of RAM. That's loads of power and means it can handle just about anything.
Packing 1624mAh, the SE isn't exactly short on juice. Rest assured that its battery life is good enough to last all day and beyond.
Other features of the iPhone SE include:
- More comfortable-to-hold size
- Up to 128GB internal storage
- Touch ID and Apple Pay
- Available in rose gold
iPhone SE pay monthly contracts
There's loads of choice for pay-monthly contracts on the iPhone SE. You can choose things like:
- Allowance - You can get plans with monthly allowances ranging from 500MB and a few minutes up to unlimited tariffs - and everything in between. Unlimited texts are easy to come by too.
- Upfront cost - Paying more upfront can mean lower bills for rest of your contract; or you can go for one with a 'free' iPhone and pay nothing upfront at all.
- Network - A number of networks offer iPhone SE deals, whether you want fast 4G from EE or low prices from iD Mobile. Some have special offers for existing customers too.
- Early upgrades - Some contracts let you upgrade early if you don't want to wait two long years for a new phone. O2 and Sky Mobile both offer these kinds of plan.
What's the best price on an iPhone SE?
The best iPhone SE price all depends on what you want from your contract.
Use our tool to filter the available deals to just show ones that fit what you're looking for - then sort by total cost, and you'll see the best prices and cheapest deals float to the top.
Of course, there are a few factors that can mean a better price. Budget networks, refurbished handsets (read more about them here), lower allowances, and deals via resellers all generally work out cheaper. Take a look at those options if you're on a budget.
What's good about the iPhone SE?
- Compact size
- Excellent camera
- Very powerful, especially for such a small model
- Same innards as the iPhone 6S
- Lots of internal storage
- Low price
What's bad about the iPhone SE?
- Screen is small and low-res
- Not the most stylish design
- Front-facing camera only 1.2MP
iPhone SE specs
|Release Date||31/03/2016 00:00:00|
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Size||58.6mm x 7.6mm x 123.8mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Display Size||4 inches|
|Screen Type||IPS LCD|
|Resolution||640 x 1136 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||326 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||Dual Core Cores|
|Internal Storage||16, 32, 64, 128|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|2nd Camera||1.2 MP|