VOXI SIM-only deals explained
You may not be spoiled for choice with VOXI SIM-only deals, but regardless of the plan you go for, you’ll get endless calls, texts and picture messages, endless roaming in Europe - and perhaps most importantly, endless social data.
In this guide, we’ll take you through what you get from VOXI, and how to choose the right SIM deal for you.
What SIM-only deals can I get from VOXI?
With a VOXI rolling 30-day deal, you can opt in and out whenever you want, unlike a long-term contract.
All VOXI SIM plans come with endless social data, which means unlimited data for Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Viber, Pinterest and Facebook Messenger as standard.
You also get endless calls, texts and picture messages, and endless roaming in Europe; you just need to decide how much data you want for everything else… 2GB, 5GB or 15GB.
There is one potential downside though - you have to be 25 or under to sign up to the network. It's one for the youngsters we're afraid.
Perks and benefits
Providing you have an active 30-day plan and some data left in your 30-day allowance, VOXI offers you the following benefits:
- Endless use of social apps (without eating into your 30-day data allowance)
- Video and Music passes that give you endless use of Netflix, Spotify, YouTube etc
- Endless roaming - use your phone in Europe at no extra cost
- For iPad or an Android tablet, VOXI plans give you unlimited social data and much more
- Introduce your mates to VOXI online and for every mate you get on board, you’ll both get a £10 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
How to compare VOXI SIM-only deals
Comparing VOXI SIM-only plans is easy – simply use the table at the top of this page. You can see all the deals together, compare what you can get, and filter them down so you can see the ones that best suit your needs.
Choose between things like:
- Allowance - how much data and how many minutes and texts do you need per month?
- Contract length - choose between a 12-month or a 30-day plan
- Price - if you have a budget, choose the maximum you want to pay each month in the cost filter
Click on the deal you like best, and we'll take you to VOXI's website so you can sign up and get started.
If you're not convinced VOXI is the network you want, that's no problem - you can compare its deals right next to those from other providers too. Just select the networks whose SIMs you'd like to see and we'll show you the lot. Or, compare all SIM deals here.
Can I get an unlimited data VOXI SIM?
On a VOXI standard 30-day plan, the maximum monthly data allowance you can get is 15GB. This is a decent amount which will allow you to stream videos or TV a few times a week, as well as stream TV shows on that daily commute. If you do need a little extra data, it’s easy to top up with VOXI’s extras and passes.
All VOXI SIM-only plans give you unlimited data for social and chat apps as standard (such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Viber, Pinterest and Facebook Messenger).
If you don't think 15GB is enough for you, however, you may need to check out unlimited and big data options from other networks instead.
What's the cheapest VOXI SIM-only deal?
The cheapest mobile SIM deal you can get from VOXI is a standard 30-day plan that comes with 2GB of data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts per month.
That’s fine if you’re a light user who uses your phone to browse the web, send email, and use apps like Facebook, but not so much if you’re a heavy user.
To find the cheapest deal that fits your use, use our comparison table. Adjust the filters to make sure you only see SIMs that have enough monthly allowance for you, and then sort the whole table by monthly cost. You'll see the lowest-priced deals right at the top.
You'll generally find that 12-month plans work out cheaper per month than 30-day ones, so it's worth the commitment if you really want to save money. And sometimes there are limited time deals that are worth pouncing on - keep an eye out for those.
Is a VOXI SIM deal cheaper than a phone contract?
Yes - it's almost always cheaper in the long run to buy a phone outright and take out a SIM-only deal.
As all VOXI SIM-only deals are 30-day plans, if you do want the benefits of a phone contract plan (like lower upfront costs, a nice new phone in your hand today, and free screen replacements), it’s worth seeing what other networks can offer.
Can I upgrade a VOXI SIM-only deal?
It’s straightforward to change your plan with VOXI; simply sign into VOXI and go to ‘My plan’. The new plan you’ve chosen will become active once your existing 30-day plan ends.
You can also pause your plan and restart it again the same way. If you change your mind after opting out and want to stay with your plan after all, just choose ‘Stay with plan’ to reactivate. This option is only available while your 30-day plan is still active – if it’s expired you can just choose the plan you want to opt in again.
Can I keep my number if I switch to a VOXI SIM-only deal?
Yes - it's almost always possible to keep your current phone number when you switch to a new network.
1) Choose a new SIM-only plan - compare deals and sign up to one that you like the look of. Your SIM will be sent through the post to you. While you're waiting…
2) Contact your current provider and request your PAC (porting authorisation code) - you can request your code in a few ways - online, via text and even by post if you're really old-school. If you phone, they may try to talk you into sticking with them, but stick to your guns if this happens. They'll send you the PAC as a text message within two hours.
3) Give the PAC to your new network - when your new SIM arrives, it will have a new number. To change it to the old one, contact your network and give them the PAC code. They'll take care of porting the number over. It could be as fast as one working day before the old number's transferred, but be aware that on occasion it can take a little more time.
It may sound complicated, but it's very simple in practice. If you want a bit more detail, check out our full guide to keeping your phone number:
What size SIM card do I need?
There are three SIM card sizes you can get:
- Standard SIM card - 15mm x 25mm, commonly used in older feature phones
- Micro SIM card - 12mm x 15mm, used in some smartphones, primarily older models
- Nano SIM card - 8.8m x 12.3mm, used in most modern phones, including popular handsets like the iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8
Don't worry if you have no idea which size your phone takes. Most networks will send you a 3-in-1 SIM, designed to fit into any handset. It'll come encased in plastic, and you can pop it out into the size you want.
In other words, don't stress about SIM size when comparing deals. Whichever you choose, the SIM card will fit in your phone.
Does my phone have to be unlocked to use a VOXI SIM?
Some phones are locked onto a particular network, and will need to be unlocked before you can use another company's SIM. Fortunately, this is really easy to do. To find out if your phone is locked, pop in a friend's SIM card - they'll need to be on another network obviously. If it works, then your phone is good to go - otherwise, you'll need to contact your current operator and ask them to unlock it.
Different networks have different rules on unlocking. Some examples are:
- Three - all handsets are unlocked out of the box.
- O2 - phones are locked, but O2 will unlock them for free when you're out of contract. Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers will have to pay though.
- Vodafone - phones are locked, but Vodafone will unlock for free.
- EE - phones are locked, but EE will unlock for free - so long as you're out of contract. PAYG customers must wait 12 months after purchasing to unlock.
Those are just the major networks. To find out more about unlocking your mobile, check our full guide:
More SIM-only deals
Take a look at the SIM deals you can get from other providers too:
- Asda Mobile SIM-only deals
- EE SIM-only deals
- giffgaff SIM-only deals
- iD Mobile SIM-only deals
- Plusnet Mobile SIM-only deals
- Sky Mobile SIM-only deals
- Smarty SIM-only deals
- Tesco Mobile SIM-only deals
- Three SIM-only deals
- TPO Mobile SIM-only deals
- Virgin Mobile SIM-only deals
- Vodafone SIM-only deals
- VOXI SIM-only deals